Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of ideas for our future East Anglian meets and have been talking to Mario and Paul who own and run Avanti Autos in Ipswich - our local indies.

Is anyone interested in a "meet the experts" get together - Avanti will clear their workshop and we can get expert advice about our cars, have them (cars) put on examiners - who knows what faults will be revealed, look around the workshop, see at least one GTV 6 awaiting restoration, see the innermost workings of a TS engine and more. ALL FOR FREE.

I make no apologies for entitling this "Meet the Experts" - Mario and Paul are both Alfa trained - Mario was a trainer for Alfa UK in Slough until he started Avanti just over a year ago.

I think this is a superbly generous offer. What I need to know is who would be up for this - the date will depend on the uptake and when Mario and Paul can fit us in .

So if you are interested just post YES on this thread.

Paul.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Paul, obviously I won't be coming as it's rather far from Wrexham, but it does sound a brilliant idea :)

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
What a great idea! :eek: :cool: :eek: :cool:

Shame I live sooooo far away :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
wicked idea paul!! count me in! hope its not to soon tho because id love to unveil my 24v 75 project on the day...
Mario and Paul are aware of the project and ask about the progress every time i speak to them!
have i got a month to get it done?

·
Registered
7 Posts
yup. Sounds like a great idea to me.

I've only owned an Alfa for a few months and it would be great to get some tips/knowledge.

Just let us know when it's likely to happen.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
No rush spence - worth delaying until you are ready - what a great idea , we'll certainly wait.

Paul.

Thanks Paul!
Engine is almost ready for rwd mounting, just waiting for some more funds to pay for plenum mods, new bumpers re spray etc
alltho bumpers and re spray can wait untill after the day
many thanx,

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Reg Vardy in Leicester did a similar evening for AROC C & E Mids members. Was a great evening. They put cars on the ramps and explained techy stuff to us. It appeared that Vardy's had really upped their game - then the got cut loose & closed:eek:

If it comes off, you'll have an excellent evening:cool: Good luck :)

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
I think I would like to come please, get a date set and add a new event to your calendar, then we will be able to RSVP and see exactly who is going :)

Regards,

AO

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I think I would like to come please, get a date set and add a new event to your calendar, then we will be able to RSVP and see exactly who is going :)

Regards,

AO

Ian:D there is a great bar over the road also, we can all have a beer!

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
OK Phil,

I get the hint! :) But it would be nice to get some food as well! Do they have Pizza Huts in East Anglia? :eek: :lol: ;)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
OK Phil,

I get the hint! :) But it would be nice to get some food as well! Do they have Pizza Huts in East Anglia? :eek: :lol: ;)
Perhaps I will come after all then :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.