Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 13th March

As per the title, we'll meet up at a couple of locations and have a drive through the Kent and Sussex Countryside and finish up at the Vine Inn; Tenterden.

Meet Point #1
Meet at 08:00hrs at Notcutts Garden Centre in Maidstone, J7 off M20. Bearsted Road, Maidstone, ME14 5LH. Will be leaving at 08:30hrs, so plenty of time to get here.

Meet Point #2
Meet at 09:30hrs (approx) at Sainsburys Tunbridge Wells, Linden Park Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 5Q. We will leaving at 10:00hrs. There is also an Esso petrol station nearby if anyone needs fuel, or use the Sainsburys garage.

There is no planned route for this one - just follow the person in front and bring a 2-way radio with the channel preset to #6.

We will headout through the countryside, down to Battle / Hastings, Winchelsea, Rye, Camber Sands, Brenzett, Appledore, Sissinghurst and Tenterden for the Pub.

There are a couple of stop off points for getting a Cuppa and use of the Loo etc. which will be taken care of as we go.

Please note that I will be hosting this one in my TT as the GTV is going up for sale and I don't want to be using it - saves me cleaning it again !! :lol:

I know a few people who come along regularly to my events that have a range of different cars, so feel free to either bring your Alfa or anything out of your collection that takes your fancy - I am not that precious about these things. It's more of getting together and enjoying a day out with a decent pub lunch at the end.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I heard about RSVP I assume here? :)
:thumbs: YEP - just click on the RSVP option and state if you are going to be at Notcutts or Sainsburys meet point. Look forward to meeting you Henry. Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will aim for meeting point 1 in Maidstone :) now for decisions. My 156 insurance runs out on the 9th of march. My Gtv is yet to be driven and could be on the road in time. I can only really afford to insure one but I couldn't bare to part with either :paranoid:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are those above the watery divide permitted to come and play?
Please feel free to come along as it'll be a mix of cars. The route has some top roads, views and the pub is great!.. Hopefully weather will be good for eating outside.

Look forward to meeting you!

Paul

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to see a good lot of RSVP's - Yes! and still in January :)

Also good to get some new people coming along as well... Just to reiterate, All welcome! :thumbs:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looking forward to bringing the GT along. Should still be a few Busso powered Alfas hopefully but also nice to have a bit of a mix.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking forward to bringing the GT along. Should still be a few Busso powered Alfas hopefully but also nice to have a bit of a mix.
At least you can make the whole day out this time :thumbs:

It's been nice to see a good, positive response to this Meet / Drive Out Day, seeing as I won't be in the GTV... I could bring it, but it will be in the workshop on the 14th March for Service and a few final bits that need doing.

Dare I say, that I have had a few second thoughts about selling it?? :lol:

On a different note, I'll be able to do another one of these Events come June either Sunday 12th or 19th, as I don't have any spare weekends!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
At least you can make the whole day out this time :thumbs:

It's been nice to see a good, positive response to this Meet / Drive Out Day, seeing as I won't be in the GTV... I could bring it, but it will be in the workshop on the 14th March for Service and a few final bits that need doing.

Dare I say, that I have had a few second thoughts about selling it?? :lol:

On a different note, I'll be able to do another one of these Events come June either Sunday 12th or 19th, as I don't have any spare weekends!!
As soon as you get it serviced and the sun is out I think you may have third thoughts about getting rid of the GTV!:yes:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As soon as you get it serviced and the sun is out I think you may have third thoughts about getting rid of the GTV!:yes:
This is a possibility! :lol: it's quietly sitting in my garage in its winter covers, and next month I will get it taxed for its trip to Jamie's workshop. I've added a few more jobs to the list as now all the suspension springs will be replaced as will the front shocks (rears done) and all the drop links whilst at it, as they are not that expensive.

:ermm: :smash:

Glad you can make it David.

·
Registered
98 Posts
See you at the second meeting point. If all goes well on 4th March I'm getting a new starter motor put on the GTV and I will bring that, otherwise I will be in the Guilietta; maybe struggling to keep up!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See you at the second meeting point. If all goes well on 4th March I'm getting a new starter motor put on the GTV and I will bring that, otherwise I will be in the Guilietta; maybe struggling to keep up!!

Nice one! Be good to see you again mate, as been a while... Hope the GTV is sorted in time as it sounds insane (in a good, but evil way :lol:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice one! Be good to see you again mate, as been a while... Hope the GTV is sorted in time as it sounds insane (in a good, but evil way :lol:)
Thanks my friend; I do hope to hear her tones once again and I'm so looking forward to meeting up. I did not make it to one event last year!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I expect I will be there at Notcutts with my durty diesel tractor to give her a good ragging n will also be good to catch up with everyone......good old friends n also some new ??

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to let you all know, I can do another Event during April, prior to Auto Italia Day... I will be hosting that in my GTV -- so from the closest I have ever been to parting with it, I am now putting in over a Grand (in parts) with a major suspension replacement of everything.. Spring Pans, Upper Arms, Lower Arms, PowerFlex Bushes (all round), ARB PU Bushes, All Drop Links, Full Front / Back KONI Dampers with Suplex Springs, New Bump Stops, Track Rod Ends and a 4 wheel Alignment, Full Service & MOT (and Regass the AC and change the Brake Fluid).

Talk about making an ultimate "Re-think" :lol:

As per David's recommendation.. just need to complete with a Q2 or Quaife LSD upgrade; which will make it the ultimate driving and handling experience. Another GRAND !!!

Shame those Alfaholics Recaro's are so Damn expensive, as that kind of seat should have been standard.

See you all in a few weeks :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts