Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the weather lads and the fact that the road conditions are changing by the minute I may call this off if the thaw doesn't start soon. How does everyone else feel about this?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damien and the rest of the Alfsiti in Ireland please No runs or meets.

You all need to stay safe and keep the roads clear :)

Stay Safe
Tony

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came home last night in the jeep on the m7 and it was just a blanket of snow not Alfa weather

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Damien, I think most of us have summer tyres, and with this weather something is going to happen. This should be called off until the weather clears.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I was thinking along the same lines too with the weather that is out there.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That and the fact it's crazy weather up your end. It's only after snowing now.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
well the thaw should begin toward the enf of this week Damien but until then it is dangerous. Its not for another two weeks so might have to play it by ear.......

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the point from speaking to the lads up the country it seems to be that the weather is getting worse by the mintue and there is a heap of snow out there so that would take a long time to tah out etc. Even if the snow is gone there is still a lot of potential for ice etc

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahh ya that can be all done soon enough. The problem we have now is lack of info and you can't make a decision without some concrete info.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Ahh ya that can be all done soon enough. The problem we have now is lack of info and you can't make a decision without some concrete info.
True and the weather can be a bit hit and miss as well, if its nice here it may not be as nice for you guys coming up from the south.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what I noticed on Friday coming back from Kildare it was fine once I hit mitchelstown but before that it was completely white.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Well lads there is a big thaw on here at the moment-this is after heavy snow yesterday. I just drove from Maynooth to Dunboyne via a R road and there were no problems with ice. Temp is above O for the first time in a while.

Unless it snows the week of the meet, I think it should still go ahead. It's still 13 days away, right?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya it's about that but with the weather changing daily I'd prefer to air on the side of caution as some of the lads like me have spent crazy amounts of money on their cars. I certainly don't want to prang my car again I spent enough fixing it the first time and that was a heart ache in itself.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
2,640 Posts
What about the Guinness World Record attempt in the UK? Would be nice to have a 20+ strong Irish Alfisti hardcore represented there

1 - 20 of 50 Posts