Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kent has lost another Alfa Romeo dealer.

I went to Medway Autos in Rainham last Friday to find the AR section of the showroom full of Merc's. The demonstrators are for sale out on the lot at 'knockdown' prices too.
The sales manager said Medway had come to an agreement with AR to 'hand back' the franchise as they weren't selling enough cars to make it worth their while. (As opposed to AR removing the franchise because they were useless I guess.)

They are still Fiat dealers and will continue with AR service.

The AR UK website still lists them as dealers but AR UK were still telling me Pipers of Maidstone were my local dealer 3 months after I found the showroom like a derilect set from a 'spaghetti western' (complete with tumble weed).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Pipers finally shut down just before Christmas. I managed to get the 1.5 metre dia Alfa sign and loads of parts very cheaply (including battery for £40, new 17" rim for £90) and many service items (oil, anti-freeze, filters) at or under 1/2 price. So keep an eye on Medway as they might go the same way and could get some bargains.

·
Registered
274 Posts
armoore said:
Pipers finally shut down just before Christmas. I managed to get the 1.5 metre dia Alfa sign and loads of parts very cheaply (including battery for £40, new 17" rim for £90) and many service items (oil, anti-freeze, filters) at or under 1/2 price. So keep an eye on Medway as they might go the same way and could get some bargains.

It's an ill wind I guess, but I'd rather have somewhere reliable to take my car than a few quid off an oil filter;)

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Well I go to MDZ in Charlwood, an indie. that's very good for the few things I cannot do myself.

Are Medway reliable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2.4 jtd has been in their twice and it still doesn't work properly.

Looking for a decent indie in Essex, nearer Southend the better, if anyone can help.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
merlin said:
Looks like it's a trip back down to Nothgate Canterbury again.:(
If your heading to Canterbury, I recommend you use "Mobitech" Really good independent (Listed In the AROC directory). Top people there.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
armoore said:
managed to get the 1.5 metre dia Alfa sign

Ah, I wondered who blagged that! Lucky [email protected], I had looked at that more than a few times myself! Does it look good on the wall? :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought some parts for my 147 from Lipscombs in Aylesford they now have some second hand Alfa's on the forecourt and there seems to an Alfa looking revamp of the showroom.Ross in parts was very helpfull but tight lipped on if and when Alfa was coming

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I recently bought some parts for my 147 from Lipscombs in Aylesford they now have some second hand Alfa's on the forecourt and there seems to an Alfa looking revamp of the showroom.Ross in parts was very helpfull but tight lipped on if and when Alfa was coming
Oh it's coming......

Lipscomb

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More on Lipscombs on this thread :

AR

It will be interesting to see some feedback from their first few AO customers. My next service is another 6k miles away so should come up in September/ October. Then its decision time.............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts