Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little niggle which is bugging me and I just can't seem to work out.

I am a USB thumb drive loaded with music files all correctly tagged and sorted by folder which plays just fine as both FLAC and MP3. The thing bugging me though is that when an album is playing I can't seem to find a way to show the remaining album contents/track list without having to go back into menu, media, search, scroll through the album list and locate the currently playing album again.

Is there a quicker way to do this, most other infotainment systems I've used make this a very straightforward one click/touch exercise. Have done the RTFM thing and there is virtually nothing about the infotainment system beyond phone and Nav

Secondly is anybody using Spotify in the car ? If so is it working via USB or only on Bluetooth ?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've given up using the media player to play mp3s from a USB. Mainly down to my laziness as I haven't got a well sorted set if files, but also down to how difficult it is to search and navigate the files.

I now use Spotify over Bluetooth exclusively and love it. To me it sounds better than high quality mp3s on USB that makes no sense and could be me being weird, but I'm happy with the sound quality.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've given up using the media player to play mp3s from a USB. Mainly down to my laziness as I haven't got a well sorted set if files, but also down to how difficult it is to search and navigate the files.

I now use Spotify over Bluetooth exclusively and love it. To me it sounds better than high quality mp3s on USB that makes no sense and could be me being weird, but I'm happy with the sound quality.

So it's not just me by the sounds of it ?

It's a minor thing but annoying nonetheless, it's a great convenience to be able to fill 128gb and use the car as a giant jukebox but it's diluted if you can't navigate it easily.

·
Registered
699 Posts

I am a USB thumb drive loaded with music files all correctly tagged and sorted by folder which plays just fine as both FLAC and MP3. The thing bugging me though is that when an album is playing I can't seem to find a way to show the remaining album contents/track list without having to go back into menu, media, search, scroll through the album list and locate the currently playing album again.

Is there a quicker way to do this, most other infotainment systems I've used make this a very straightforward one click/touch exercise. Have done the RTFM thing and there is virtually nothing about the infotainment system beyond phone and Nav

Secondly is anybody using Spotify in the car ? If so is it working via USB or only on Bluetooth ?
To show the current track list you can highlight the previous or next items on the left of the screen with the wheel then tilt the wheel to the right to show the list.

Reactions: Brooking10

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To show the current track list you can highlight the previous or next items on the left of the screen with the wheel then tilt the wheel to the right to show the list.
Thankyou !

This is exactly what I meant, will try this pm when I get back to the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I use Spotify , which sounds and works fine , apart the fact you can only skip tracks... would be great if you got navigate Spotify on the screen, as you can only change artist etc on the phone ... or am I wrong

·
Registered
823 Posts
I attach my phone to the car with a Brodit holder. It sits right next to the main screen like a secondary screen. I use the phone to control Spotify, that is now integrated with Waze, the two apps work really well together. Like all infotainment these days you need to keep your eyes on the road, so I normally change play lists etc before setting off or at lights, then just skip tracks while on the move.

It is perfectly legal to use your phone while on the move, as long as you don't hold it. Doesn't make it safe though.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Do FLAC files sound any better in the car? Not sure whether to sacrifice the space on the USB stick to try and get better quality.

In terms of navigating the music (I have a 128Gb thumb drive 2/3 full) I've actually found the quickest and simplest way is to use voice control. Just say "Play track xyz" or "Play album xyz" etc. Much quicker if you know what you want to listen to.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do FLAC files sound any better in the car? Not sure whether to sacrifice the space on the USB stick to try and get better quality.

In terms of navigating the music (I have a 128Gb thumb drive 2/3 full) I've actually found the quickest and simplest way is to use voice control. Just say "Play track xyz" or "Play album xyz" etc. Much quicker if you know what you want to listen to.
I think that yes FLAC files do sound better and a little less tinny. The stereo is pretty underwhelming though so not getting much benefit. Am looking into relatively cost effective upgrades to improve things.

·
Registered
699 Posts

Mine has stopped doing voice control when I nearly filled a 32Gb memory stick. I'll see how many files this is later; the Giulietta I had previously was similar - at a certain number of files it just stop understanding you rather than giving a message that the index is too large.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

It works ! Eureka !

Many thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts