Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Sorry I had assumed with a name selected things were much further on. I thought you designed and developed a car and picked a suitable name for marketing towards the end of the process rather than pick a name and then design something to suit it. Clearly the construction industry worked differently

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
It depends if the car is replacing an existing model. With the new Puma which has just launched , the name started getting used in Design and the rest of the company agreed. Similar with the Kuga which was coined by Design Director Martin Smith who was into badges and thought Cougar spelt wrong would be good. With a Transit however you kind of know what it’s going to be called.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Automotive News Europe once again claimed today: Tonale and updated Giulia and Stelvio (with US built 500+ bhp I6) will be launched in 2021/2022. Small SUV in 2022.

Whatever. Since there is - due to Corona - nothing else to do, I have been thinking of the charge-hybrid version of Tonale, and like it more and more. 90 % of the trips, I will drive less than 50 km, which could - easily - be done on battery. According to layouts, presented earlier, Tonale will have mechanical RWD and electric FWD. This will be rare in the automotive world - with both pro:s and con:s, but will enhance Alfa heritage.

I.e. going shopping, I would have electric FWD, and on longer trips AWD, with - hopefully - 300+ bhp.
Crucial is that Alfa is allowed to engineer enough handling performance - we now know that they can - but it costs money.
Also an AUTO - close to what is in the Stelvio Quadrifoglio.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts