Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Yes, but one thing is universal - the engineer/designer will always blame the supplier.

·
Registered
33,124 Posts
There are obviously months of contract writing at the beginning of a project along with a cost-reduction target of about 50%. I’ve been through this many times. Warranty liability is a big element and things like each companies Things Gone Wrong metric. It’s interesting when you get a hint from the supplier about other companies standards compared to your own.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
News article with no news….
AUTO Express has an article about Tonale - claiming it will be released end of 2020.

Obviously it is pure speculation - they are submissing "old" pictures of vehicles in internal styling exhibition.

Hopefully it will NOT come out end of 2020, but rather 2021 - to enable "good" upgrade of donor architecture.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Merger came through - unless EU or Trump kills it.
FCA is in full swing to upgrade one factory for hybrids - incl. Tonale. Rest of Tonales at other factory- also being upgraded.
To me it is obvious that Tonale will be built on FCA architecture - for good and bad.
I am monitoring my previous Stelvio QF, which seem to be in good hands - I might buy it back in a couple of years - instead of Tonale. Time will tell.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
As I have told in other thread: all future Alfas will have north-south/longitudinal installation in order to facilitate hybrids still with mechanical AWD. Ref: Teknikens Värld with Alfa Chart showing: new I-6, E-boost, 360- 525 bhp with no other electric support, 4-pot with (optional) added electric motor and finally 4-pot with added motor and plug-in.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
FCA has declared that all Alfas will be "elektrified" latest 2022. Probably they are talking of: Giulia, Stelvio, Tonale and "small SUV".
I believe there will be IC-only versions, even when they claim I-6 with E-booster is elektrified.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
As said before: only "electrification" for Quadrifoglio is the E-booster. I have not seen what voltage for Alfa hybrids, but I guess 400V, which, depending on battery size, will give ample support and mileage.
Stelvio ,Tonale and "small SUV, could have batteries on both side of propshaft, while Giulia need to have at bottom of trunk - I think.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I am re-thinking....
Most of future driving in new town (by the sea and far out), will be local. Ideal for "electric driving". Some will be long distance, where "joy of driving" is called for.
Electric driving FWD or RWD. - long distance AWD. So far, only vehicle with that lay-out is Tonale. Or.....?

There will, obviously, be all-electric vehicles with AWD, but they tend to be more expensiv (batteries?) than a hybrid. I also don`t like the saw mill sound of a full blown electric car - see Formula E.

I will keep monitoring and make a decision within two years. Hopefully there will be more options - or I will have to " make do" with T.

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
33,124 Posts
The Maserati SUV will take capacity at Cassino from the passing of the Giulietta..
But that’s sooner than the Maserati will be ready.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts