Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Followed a cyclist through a series of traffic lights today.

At the first red, I stopped.. Cyclist carries on, nearly running over a slighty dumpy old woman who was staggering across the junction (it doubles as a pedestrian crossing). :eek: He didn't even notice.

50 yards (48m) down the road, I catch up the cyclist at another light. He "creeps" through at the kerb, even though traffic is going through the junction. He fails to see a lorry swinging round the bend that has to turn abruptly to avoid flattening him. :confused:

Catch up with him even further down the road. Out of the street lights I hardly see him, as the "light" on the back of his bike was just a reflector. :rolleyes:

I worked out what "urban foxes" eat.. surely it won't be long before he's just so much cat food on the road :(

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
red light jumpers (or rlj's) are a problem its true, but don't think all cyclist do this!

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No.. this guy seemed to be an "amateur" (no helmet or other protective gear.. just a coat).

There was a fox following him about and no doubt some vultures circling over him too. I was just sad, more than ranting. He's going to Boot Hill soon!

Ralf S.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Ralf S. said:
No.. this guy seemed to be an "amateur" (no helmet or other protective gear.. just a coat).

There was a fox following him about and no doubt some vultures circling over him too. I was just sad, more than ranting. He's going to Boot Hill soon!

Ralf S.
It'll keep the foxes away from your headlight washers:D :D :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Met a tw4t like this last night near Kew Bridge !!! :mad:

He jumped a red light and almost became a bonnet ornament for the Brera :mad: then, as I caught up with him he swerved to the middle of the road in front of me and gave me the finger !!!! :wow:

WTF :confused:

He made a hasty 'pavement get away' after I got out to confront him !! :rolleyes:

W4nker !!! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kevin Slegg said:
It'll keep the foxes away from your headlight washers:D :D :D

Haven't seen any sign of the beast since I put some "Fox repellent" gel round the garden. It's probably waiting for me to buy/fit nice new washer bodies (£30 each) instead of those hard, old ones..! :rolleyes:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Ralf S. said:
Haven't seen any sign of the beast since I put some "Fox repellent" gel round the garden. It's probably waiting for me to buy/fit nice new washer bodies (£30 each) instead of those hard, old ones..! :rolleyes:

Ralf S.
Why not just place squashed cyclist about 10 yards away from your car; it'll be cheaper and after they've scoffed said cyclist they'll be to lethargic to nibble on your washers.:D :D :D

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then it'll have a dump nearby..! :lol:

Eating my car is one thing but the other "fox hazard" is the odd "******" parked on the doormat or next to the car. It's tricky to see them in the dark mornings!

Ralf S.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Ralf S. said:
Then it'll have a dump nearby..! :lol:

Eating my car is one thing but the other "fox hazard" is the odd "******" parked on the doormat or next to the car. It's tricky to see them in the dark mornings!
Yes, but surely the smell is a give-a-way, although I suppose is might be masked by the smell of the rotting cyclist corpse :D

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I nearly culled one this morning.. dark and icy.. he was happily cycling along an unlit street with (how many do you think?) rear lights! :tut:

Ralf S.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts