Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realised today that I have been calling the MiTo the My Toe when apparently it is the Me Toe. Doh!

So which should it be and did anybody else think it was the My Toe .... or was it just me?

After all the Micra is the My Cra not the Me Cra, so why should MiTo be Me Toe?

·
0 Posts
I refer to it as the me too (amongst other names) :lol:, but am aware of the Milan / Torino connection

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
ME TOE:thumbs:

·
0 Posts
Mito is a bit of a play on words - It means legend in Italian as well as being the first two letters of Milano /Torino

Thinking about it Me Toe is on your leg end.

The name was nicked though Cagiva have been producing a Mito for years its a 125 copy of Ducati's 996 superbike

2008 Cagiva Mito 125 - MVAgusta.net

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Mito is a latin based word meaning myth. It is pronounced mee'toe in italian and exactly the same goes for spanish. I remember speaking to a UK dealer about a Lambo Murcielago once (Spanish for bat and the name of a particularly brave bull) and although the correct way to pronounce it is moo'siel'ah'goh, he 'cleverly' pronounced it murch'yela'goh... and this guys sells to rather exclusive people so if he can make a Lambo sound crap, then ponounce the MiTo as you like, sounds good both ways if you ask me. :)

·
Administrator
45,165 Posts
Mi (I is in "It")

You dont say Mee-lan so why Mee-toe :confused:
Because you do say mee-lan (or mee-lan-o in fact) if you're Italian.

It's the Mee Toe.

·
Registered
17,219 Posts
people struggle with well established Alfa spec levels like Lusso and Veloce - they still struggle with 'Sud'; (it's not a soap sud!)

i'm not surprised they have a problem with Mito. Maybe on youtube check out Italian ads for the Mito and hear how it's pronounced. It's a Meh-to ('to' as in t055er). and chuck in a bit of italia as you say it - meh-to.

No one calls a Renault a Ren-alt; it's a Ren-know.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
No one calls a Renault a Ren-alt; it's a Ren-know.
Almost everyone up here pronounces it Ren-alt. I chop and change, to be honest!

Citroens shouldn't be pronounced 'sit-run' either. As my French teacher observed..."People who talk about 'sit-runs' talk about lemons".

Fair enough, really :cheese:

PS How is 'Sud' pronounced? Sood?

·
Registered
17,219 Posts
Almost everyone up here pronounces it Ren-alt. I chop and change, to be honest!

Citroens shouldn't be pronounced 'sit-run' either. As my French teacher observed..."People who talk about 'sit-runs' talk about lemons".

Fair enough, really :cheese:

PS How is 'Sud' pronounced? Sood?
Sit-row-en.

Sued/sood for Sud.

Call Renos what you like :)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I think MiTO is pronouce 'Dumb Stupid name' ;)

My local dealer calls it the Me To....now who wants to be a 'me to' owner.... let alone a Me Toe or a My Toe owner......Ok mate I drive an Alfa Romeo 'Stinky foot' as I have not washed it recently :lol:

Still it could be worse...we could have the Alfa Romeo Cedric !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts