1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it.:rolleyes:
Should have kept my mouth shut.:rant:
Should never have posted photos of the Ti.:(
Should never have praised it so much for 25k miles faultless performance and the sheer enjoyment of having such a great 159 at last.
It's the jinx you see.:lol:
Bugger.:cry:

Saturday morning, banging over the M62 at legal speeds officer,;) lost power, engine light came on and I got it over to Manc in limp home mode. Tried it again on Sat afternoon and still the same. Tried it again yesterday and still hadn't cleared.

Deja vue :confused: :cheese:

Power came back but only to around 70% on the way here just now.

So quick call this morning to Mangos and here I am, sat on their computer in the showroom, drinking coffee, waiting to see what they think.

Fingers, toes, ears and anything else crossed.:)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At least the coffee's good and there are loads of Mitos to have a good look at :)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get them to check the injectors . On the Gatwick run Jon had two connectors go AWOL.

Yep, I know the fault well.

If look back at my history with 159's it doesnt make nice reading :( This is my 3rd 159, after both previous cars were rejected for similar reasons.

DPF issues, EGR valves, injectors, clogged manifolds, brake failure - I know them all far too well :lol:

This last Ti had been faultless up to now. I was loving it :inlove: and it went some way to restoring my faith and enjoyment in Alfas. :)

Really, really hope this fault is just a glitch and nothing too serious. :(
Hopefully not too long to wait - they're a good bunch here so ought to find it/reset it soon enough. Perhaps a forced DPF regen is in order.
The newer 210bhp engine should have had all these issues resolved that haunted my previous 200bhp engines.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Fingers crossed for you that its a minor glitch after all your previous fun and games.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hunter sorry to hear that. Mangos must not know what's happened since I left the UK......still keep the faith.

I must say that I am glad I have a large displacement naturally aspirated V6 so I can avoid the DPF, Injector issues.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right folks.

It was the infamous clogged DPF and an error message that needed resetting.:rolleyes:

Its well known for cars driven around town and gently, but Im not known for being a 'gentle' driver. So its a mystery why it would happen at full boost on the motorway :confused:

Took them about an hour for which I was happy to wait for considering how busy they were.

Test drive was fine and the car's been fine with me. I have a loan car booked for Thursday on the off chance that the fault re-occurs and I have to get it back there.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.:)

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Right folks.

It was the infamous clogged DPF and an error message that needed resetting.:rolleyes:

Its well known for cars driven around town and gently, but Im not known for being a 'gentle' driver. So its a mystery why it would happen at full boost on the motorway :confused:

Took them about an hour for which I was happy to wait for considering how busy they were.

Test drive was fine and the car's been fine with me. I have a loan car booked for Thursday on the off chance that the fault re-occurs and I have to get it back there.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.:)
bloody infuriating :mad:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haven't heard of a clogged DPF for some time now and it's strange that in 28,000 miles of mainly around town driving it hasn't been a problem with my car.

You don't suppose it's anything to do with the tuning box?
No, the DPF had just missed a regen cycle. Sounds like an electrical gremlin rather than anything to do with the box. ;)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts