Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Like it, has a look of the Furai concept and the rear is like the Disco Volante :thumbs:

G

·
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be about new high-output headlight bulbs from Mazda :rolleyes:

I quite like it. Fun over speedbumps, for sure.

Are the wheels actually carbonfibre, or just painted?

And ooooh...rotary engine! :thumbs:

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
20,266 Posts
nice!

i like the new Supra, too - not sure if the pics i've seen are the concept car or near finished product. hope it's the latter :)

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
There's certainly something in the side window shape and the nose. Not the rear though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Love it. An Mazda have good history in translating concept to production relatively unscathed. Alfa better hurry up with the new models because this just leapt to the top of my next car list.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
MacDonalds wrappers flying out the windows?
Is this ridiculous cliché still alive on here? The majority of RX8 owners I know are proper petrolheads, not driveway posers or chavs.

·
Registered
13,843 Posts
Love it. An Mazda have good history in translating concept to production relatively unscathed. Alfa better hurry up with the new models because this just leapt to the top of my next car list.
It, if it appears won't look much like the concept. I think mostly it's marketing hype. Gets people talking and thinking.
I always fancied an RX8 myself. My Ex's boss had one from new, to my knowledge he still has it. Very nice too but I think they have gone a little bit like Imprezas. You friend/s excluded I'm sure because it is not all owners of course. Happens when cars become so cheap :(

Used to like Subaru Imprezas but I have little time for them today, even that boxer four sound is wearing thin. My mate was a big Subaru fan as he regularly marshalled rallying. Had a Legacy estate, Impreza and a couple of Forresters. Currently on a Jeep and now thinking about a 159 SW :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Rotor tips thirsty on fuel and oil, all sorted now I guess?

I remember the Brit Speedcops trialing the rotary engined Norton Interstates for a while, smooth as a big electric motor betwen the thighs but didn't catch on afaik?

G

·
Is this ridiculous cliché still alive on here? The majority of RX8 owners I know are proper petrolheads, not driveway posers or chavs.

I didn't even know it was a (unfounded, I'm sure) cliché, it was just the first cheap gag that came into my head :wink_org:.

G

·
Rotor tips thirsty on fuel and oil, all sorted now I guess?

I remember the Brit Speedcops trialing the rotary engined Norton Interstates for a while, smooth as a big electric motor between the thighs but didn't catch on afaik?

They probably prefer a bit more vibration to make the dullness of a shift a bit more enjoyable?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I didn't even know it was a (unfounded, I'm sure) cliché, it was just the first cheap gag that came into my head :wink_org:.
On here, any mention of Japanese performance cars seems to elicit some form of chav gag. Despite the fact that the majority are far faster, better engineered and more enjoyable to drive than anything Alfa has built in 30 years.

As for Mazda bringing cocnepts to market, this the original RX8 concept...

http://preview.netcarshow.com/Mazda-RX-8_Concept-2001-1600-03.jpg

I'd argue the production car was far better looking. Sure, the Vision will lose those ridiculously large wheels and arches, gain a few inches on the roofline and real world lights, but I think people will be surprised at how close they'll get to concept.

Reactions: steveisfrowning
1 - 20 of 49 Posts