Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the greatest RX-7 Mazda produced. It's the last edition of the third generation. It was a limited edition of just 1,500 units. This particular model was conceived to be enjoyed by the driver. It sports 17" BBS wheels as standard.

Engine: 2 x 654cc 13B Rotary
Displacement: 2,616 cc
Aspiration: Twin turbos
Power: 280 bhp (209 kW) @ 6,500 rpm
Torque: 231 lb·ft @ 5,000 rpm
Drive: Rear-wheel drive
Weight: 1,260 kilo (2,777.8 lbs)
0 - 60 mph: 4.9 seconds
Top speed: 163 mph

Attachments

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,419 Posts
looks much better than the RX-8, cool looking little thing. and you get to say Wankel without the swear filter interfering so thats cool in its own right :D

K

·
0 Posts
It looks great but it's a long way from being cool. Far too technical and nerdy. As soon as you tell people that it's got a wankel engine, they'll either giggle or aks if it's blown up recently a-la RO80.

J

·
0 Posts
Light and powerful but still crappy looking: uncool :lol:
speak your mind Biggy :D

I think cool because technically it is a tryer....

Mazda have persisted with the wankel engine loooooong after everyone else turned their back on it, that's not to say its a bad thing as the engine itself, when working properly, is a stunner, its as though Mazda know something we don't.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I think that model RX7 really had the IT factor. It was very expensive when it came out too and fairly rare - certainly in the UK - even without the special edition.

There is something about it that makes it cool. It is a bit left-field; good -looking (of its time) and still looks pretty decent now and it makes a great drift machine. Not everyone will like it and that is quite cool too.

H

·
0 Posts
Not Sub-zero, but definately cool. It scores cool simply on the wankel-bonkers-ness of it all, and then you throw decent looks and semi-rarity value into the mix and you're left with a very cool car.

Some people won't like it purely because it's japanese, but those people are eedjits :p

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Cool car :thumbs:

I think they look cooler when they're stripped out and ready for action, I hate them with big bodykits

K

·
0 Posts
speak your mind Biggy :D

I think cool because technically it is a tryer....

Mazda have persisted with the wankel engine loooooong after everyone else turned their back on it, that's not to say its a bad thing as the engine itself, when working properly, is a stunner, its as though Mazda know something we don't.
There's a price to pay though in terms of it being on borrowed time at 80,000 miles and very expensive to rebuild. Apparently putting Chevy LS1 engines (400 BHP out of the box) in them is all the rage. Now that I'd like.

Still don't think it's cool though.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,899 Posts
I think it's cool :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
We have one and they are simply awesome cars, in terms of performance they are just sooo rapid on accelaration and quick around a track... and i dont care what anyone says its a damn god looking car:inlove: sory im prety much in love with this car!

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Coolio :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I think that model RX7 really had the IT factor. It was very expensive when it came out too and fairly rare - certainly in the UK - even without the special edition.

There is something about it that makes it cool. It is a bit left-field; good -looking (of its time) and still looks pretty decent now and it makes a great drift machine. Not everyone will like it and that is quite cool too.

Spot on Jim.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts