Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a decent 159 2.2 (only 12 available nationally!), but also test drove a Mazda 6 2.5 SL (even rarer!) the other day, not as pretty as the 159 but was quicker/lighter, more economal, more options (electric/heated leather, 18" alloys, BOSE, Xenons) as standard, more reliable and newer for the same money.

Seriously tempted but worried that it might lack the charisma that I think the 159 will have, what are peoples opinions on here both biased and unbaised ??

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
I have always seen Alfa Romeo's like designer clothes, sexy on the outside and in, looks and feels special, will you get that same feeling with the Masda 6? nuff said :D

also, is this the face lifted Mazda 6?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always seen Alfa Romeo's like designer clothes, sexy on the outside and in, looks and feels special, will you get that same feeling with the Masda 6? nuff said :D

also, is this the face lifted Mazda 6?
Is this one:

Used Cars - 2009 Mazda 6 SL Mica - Aurora blue

- Good point re the clothes, but perhaps not in the way intended, I just don't justify buying designer labels anymore! - hmm, I'll take a longer test drive and weigh it up...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
The 159 is an extremely good looking car - stunning even. The Mazda 6 - is very annonymous. For me it would be the 159 any day just because of the looks. I'm sure the Mazda is a fine car, but...

·
Registered
114 Posts
One of my workmates had one of those and although loved it for the first year he couldn't wait till the 3 years he had on it were up. It is a lovely car but he found it got boring very quickly. Not sure the same would apply with a 159.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Interesting. Have looked up the stats for the "Madaz" - 168bhp from 2.5 litres. You would think there would be plenty of scope for tuning there. The 2.2 Alfa gives you 185 from 2.2 litres, unfortunately in a lardy car.

Granted the Mazda is anything but exciting, but it's unlikely to let you down either.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting. Have looked up the stats for the "Madaz" - 168bhp from 2.5 litres. You would think there would be plenty of scope for tuning there. The 2.2 Alfa gives you 185 from 2.2 litres, unfortunately in a lardy car.

Granted the Mazda is anything but exciting, but it's unlikely to let you down either.

Best of luck!
Unfortunately reliability is a factor, I'm still scarred from a couple of the repair bills on the gtv! Glad I owned it though, and learnt so much on here - the knowledge available on a couple of other car forums I looked at is poor in comparison

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I like the Mazda 6. If I wasn't driving an Alfa then the Mazda 6 would probably be my car of choice. My only negative comment about Mazdas is that sometimes the cabin build quality isn't that good (but then Alfa are guilty of that on occasions too). I think the Mazda 6 is one of the better ones though. For a real blast, check out the Mazda 6 MPS which is a fun car and has plunged in value on the secondhand market.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the Mazda 6. If I wasn't driving an Alfa then the Mazda 6 would probably be my car of choice. My only negative comment about Mazdas is that sometimes the cabin build quality isn't that good (but then Alfa are guilty of that on occasions too). I think the Mazda 6 is one of the better ones though. For a real blast, check out the Mazda 6 MPS which is a fun car and has plunged in value on the secondhand market.
the MPS has been tempting me but most fall into the mega-tax bracket and the MPG could hurt the wallet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts