Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine had a qv for the past 3 years. He has a Land Rover Discovery 3 as well. He litterally parked his QV and started driving the Landy because of comfort and space. Then he traded his QV when his turbo blew and bought a beautiful Stromboli 159ti. He hasn't been out of it since! He told his wife the landy is hers. The 159 is his. And the kids don't drive in his 159 because they will stain the Alcantara...

Maybe I influenced him too much? :cheese:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I went in Paul's 159ti the other week on the track, OMG, what an awesome car. I'm in need of another car soon & the 159 is on the top of my list.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
rubbish!

GQV FTW! Avi you can ;get a ride in the GQV...we get 235kph in 5th gear papa!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
250KM on 5th in my GTV & still have 6th to go....:thumbs:
Freakin hell...then I should get a shotgun ride in the GTV then lol :p

I think the 159Ti gets like 195kph in 5th gear.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Ok, so before this turns into another heated debate on which is better, let me just say the the G GQV is also on my list BUT i've been yearning for a black GT with red interior for a while now (thanks Emmanuel) so i'll most probably be going that route.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
A friend of mine had a qv for the past 3 years. He has a Land Rover Discovery 3 as well. He litterally parked his QV and started driving the Landy because of comfort and space. Then he traded his QV when his turbo blew and bought a beautiful Stromboli 159ti. He hasn't been out of it since! He told his wife the landy is hers. The 159 is his. And the kids don't drive in his 159 because they will stain the Alcantara...

Maybe I influenced him too much? :cheese:
You're obviously to 'blame,' Ian!

Another QV turbo blown? What the heck is going on?#

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
He'll no I'm loving it!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
you want a spin in my GTV Lance. if you have money to get us outof Jail we can take her up to 7000 in 6th.
that's almost 300:D

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think the 159Ti gets like 195kph in 5th gear.
Dude? You're not even shy to post that BS on a public forum?:wow: The 159 gets 210 at 5750rpm in 5th (got the vid to prove it) and with the limiter at 6300 and you can easily pull into the limiter in 5th which means you should be doing 231. That's 4km/h down on a QV. Beeeg difference hey!?

·
Registered
878 Posts
:tut::tut: Easy boys...this ain't the Salt Flats and none of you are breaking land speed records.

I swear I have never seen such a constant ****ing contest within a marquee between cars that are in totally different classes with different purposes. All are great (or not, depending on time of the month) and have pros/cons and the occasional lemon is out there (same with any product).

Modded versus original is always a fun debate, but that is at least apples-apples!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
:tut::tut: Easy boys...this ain't the Salt Flats and none of you are breaking land speed records.

I swear I have never seen such a constant ****ing contest within a marquee between cars that are in totally different classes with different purposes. All are great (or not, depending on time of the month) and have pros/cons and the occasional lemon is out there (same with any product).

Modded versus original is always a fun debate, but that is at least apples-apples!
Scotty, don't spoil the fun!:cheese:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts