Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
23,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windsceen replaced a few weeks back - now I've got a stonechip again.

Washing the car today I noticed the headlight.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement headlight glass?

Paul (grrrrr)

Attachments

V

·
0 Posts
Blimey Paul, you're unlucky! Is the chip on the windscreen within about 1cm diameter? If so, you can have it fixed virtually invisibly and for free in conjunction with your car insurance. Re: the headlamp, it must have taken a hell of a knock, those things are polycarbonate like the 156, aren't they? Are you sure you can just change the glass, I thought not? Either way, a breakers or ebay would be good if you don't mind the hassle.

V

·
0 Posts
If you put '147 headlamp' into the search on ebay, you can currently get one for £77 + £12.50 p&p brand new.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Stone chips have nothing to do with your own speed as your own car aren't causing the stone chips. It is the one in front of you who throw up the little stone against your car.

Slowing down is not needed, but keeping more distance might help.

M

·
0 Posts
I would have to say Paul that I think you were quite unlucky on your headlamp stonechip, as the headlamps on the GTV/Spider cover quite a small area area:(

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Any time my windscreen has been damaged by a stone chip it has been caused by a car travelling in the opposite direction, I know this for a fact because all three times it has happend to me there have been no cars in front of me.

Not saying your case is the same but it shows your speed has no effect on your stonechip luck, or lack of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts