Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the scoop!

I was all ready to get my Mito and it is still on order so it's not a deffinate cancellation.

However I found out today that my company has decided they do not want to sponsor me for university!!!!

This leaves me with around £2000 to save by late August.

So if i get lumbered with the uni bill, I cant afford the Mito...

Anyone got any great ideas on how to get £2000 in a few months?:(:confused:

B

·
0 Posts
Put in the overtime, get a supplementary income, sell some old tat on Fleabay....

If you can't afford it, don't buy it!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Get a Diesel 147 ;) ... (sorry couldn't resist) ... good luck finding the money though :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
get a job
Put in the overtime, get a supplementary income, sell some old tat on Fleabay....

If you can't afford it, don't buy it!
I have a job so fella as far as im concenered you can sod off.

Secondly I could afford it quite easily before I was lumbered with a University Bill for the next 5 years.

It's expencive to be an Architect you Know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why not get a credit card with zero interest for 10 or 12 months ( they are still available despite the credit crunch...I have one ). Depending on the credit limit they give you, you can use this to either:

pay the Mito deposit
pay your fees (if they accept plastic card payment).

You can then pay as much as you can every month over the next 10-12 months interest free while you're enjoying your new car.

On a side issue, hope you realise doing the long & expensive architecture course leads to not very well paid job/career (relatively)designing expensive places for rich people who make their money in more lucrative business.
Not that I'm bitter or anything...having done this architecture lark for 30 years.....:lol:
I'm driving around in a 9 year old Alfa, & my clients (& the building contractors) turn up in new Maseratis, Porches, M5's....

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not get a credit card with zero interest for 10 or 12 months ( they are still available despite the credit crunch...I have one ). Depending on the credit limit they give you, you can use this to either:

pay the Mito deposit
pay your fees (if they accept plastic card payment).

You can then pay as much as you can every month over the next 10-12 months interest free while you're enjoying your new car.

On a side issue, hope you realise doing the long & expensive architecture course leads to not very well paid job/career (relatively)designing expensive places for rich people who make their money in more lucrative business.
Not that I'm bitter or anything...having done this architecture lark for 30 years.....:lol:
I'm driving around in a 9 year old Alfa, & my clients (& the building contractors) turn up in new Maseratis, Porches, M5's....
Ha, Yes it is rather underpaid...but its what I have been doing for two years and still quite enjoy it...

Although the pay is rather crap where I work...blooming Multi National company.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
So here is the scoop!

I was all ready to get my Mito and it is still on order so it's not a deffinate cancellation.

However I found out today that my company has decided they do not want to sponsor me for university!!!!

This leaves me with around £2000 to save by late August.

So if i get lumbered with the uni bill, I cant afford the Mito...

Anyone got any great ideas on how to get £2000 in a few months?:(:confused:

Pretend to be an Illegall Immigrant !!!!!....:rolleyes:

Then go sign on as unemployed, get a free House, rent Free of course, Council tax paid for Years to come, Income support every 2 Weeks on the button, and as much money you want to borrow from the Social Fund !!!!!......:):)

Either that, or become an M.P.........get everything on expenses then, until you get caught !!!!!!.......;)

Simple really !!!!!!.......:cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a job so fella as far as im concenered you can sod off.

Secondly I could afford it quite easily before I was lumbered with a University Bill for the next 5 years.

It's expencive to be an Architect you Know.
sorry dude, i meant it in a light hearted way it sounded funny when i posted it but reading it again it does look a bit harsh.But having said that i have worked two jobs in the past working during the day then of to another job at night and saturdays .

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry dude, i meant it in a light hearted way it sounded funny when i posted it but reading it again it does look a bit harsh.But having said that i have worked two jobs in the past working during the day then of to another job at night and saturdays .
Sorry, I over reacted...I work at 60 hour week and am pretty exhausted on the weekends as is...but I see where your coming from.

K

·
0 Posts
Pay for your education. Put a deposit on property. Spend money on a more expensive car at the end of that process when/if that's possible.

That's a good way of building a solid base for the future.

Then again, if you prefer living in the here and now, borrow to the hilt and worry about the consequences later.

R

·
0 Posts
Pretend to be an Illegall Immigrant !!!!!....:rolleyes:

Then go sign on as unemployed, get a free House, rent Free of course, Council tax paid for Years to come, Income support every 2 Weeks on the button, and as much money you want to borrow from the Social Fund !!!!!......:):)

Either that, or become an M.P.........get everything on expenses then, until you get caught !!!!!!.......;)

Simple really !!!!!!.......:cheese::cheese:
:lol: The Ironic thing is thats true :)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Maybe we should consider that a lot of UK Nationals are also signing on at the moment, and not becuase they are lazy or dossing around. Over the last couple of weeks I can remember 5 people on here saying they had been made redundant. I was made redundant in Jan.... and I can tell you its no fun standing in a queue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts