Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
87,339 Posts

·
Registered
37,695 Posts
Mrs Pat scraped some bird cack off the bonnet of the Spider, then got carried away and ran a damp rag over the rest (but not the wheels) does that count?

·
Administrator
87,339 Posts

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
it does! gives a chance to lesser 'professionals' to compete ;)

·
Administrator
87,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A relation of mine did a lot of work cleaning his car at the weekend & it look great. However unless he has an account on AO & he posts the pics of his work then it won't be entered ;)

The Rules said:
• Does not have to be your car but must be you that carried out the work

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Let me be the first this months. So, I decided to wash my car, whether was good on Sunday, I got up early and had a new product to test. It was the second wax I've ever used. Ok, I might be crucified for calling it wax, but I don't care :D

It is FK 1000p High Temperature wax. It smells very technical. Which is kind of good - no temptation to inhale those chemical evaporations covered by 'nice cherry' smell.

Plus I tried that Meguiar's gel for tyres. Wet affect looks good actually :) (I hate to admit it)

Anyway. Here it comes, the one allegedly Red Alfa Romeo :) And today (Monday evening it was raining a bit.

Reactions: David P and bobulon

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
:cheese: actually I did the glass. I like Meguiar's Perfect Clarity cleaner. Probably should try something different, but just like it.

D

·
0 Posts
:cheese: actually I did the glass. I like Meguiar's Perfect Clarity cleaner. Probably should try something different, but just like it.
I use autoglym fast glass, its ok but might try the Meguiars :thinking:

·
Registered
630 Posts
My first entry into the comp. Took the car up to the mountains last weekend, but I washed her first so I think that makes it OK by the rules :yes: Clear coat scratches were taken out with a 4000 grit sanding pad and Meguiars Scratch X2.0 and the car finished with Duragloss Polish

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
I gave my main workhorse MiTo a full works clean today. I know my MiTo doesn't get mentioned much compared to my Spider but it is very important given it is used most days.

Wheels done first with Meguiars Hot Rims with my trusty Muc-Off wheel brush, then blasted off with pressure washer.

Then the usual pressure washer treatment, then using cherry snow foam and after that Meguiars Gold Class shampoo. Washed off and dried with the usual car towels.

Then used a Nanoskin Smooth Instant Detail spray (a claying alternative), followed by AutoBrite Brilliance polish. Finally I waxed it with Meguiars Deep Crystal Carnauba wax.

Interior wasn't too bad so was pretty simple, just some rubbish on the carpets I hoovered up, then I used some Turtlewax spray on the dash/panels, getting rid of the dust build up, one of those certainties in life is dust.

Went ok, again always learning though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Alfa GTV 2.0TB cleaned, polished and coated

Heres a writeup and some pictures of a lovely GTV 2.0TB that i did.
The car got a full repaint during december 2015 in a black paint normally used on Ferrari's and the current owner wanted some proper paint protection.

1.The car was thoroughly washed with different types of chemicals before a gentle handwash.
2.Then i inspected the car and skipped claying as the car was perfectly clean after the wash.
3.The car was polished by the brilliant Rupes 21 accompanied by its little brother Rupes Mini. Hard to get to spots were polished by hand.
4.Then for the exciting part, the Si3D coating by Nanolex which boasts a 2-3 year lifetime as well as becoming almost a second clear coat with a 9H hardness.

PS: the rims are the winter wheels and have after this been replaced by a lovely set of teledials.
I can post more specific info about what was done but it would be a lot to read and i was not able to make a spoiler to hide it in the post.

Thanks for reading :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi David Ive had to re enter as I couldn't remove pictures or the post, could you remove it please? (Probably me lol)

First time claying, glazing and using wax, sorted stone chips before hand too :) paint is the smoothest it's been!

Clayed, srp, poorboys glaze, G3 super gloss wax, trim blacked and seats leather conditioned :)

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just finished my 159. Quick go with chemical guys black light followed by chemical guys hybrid v7 sealant and a quick window clean. no long hard work but great results...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Finally used my new Karcher with Ultimate snow foam

Then a wash with Valet Pro Advanced Poseidon and dried off.

Don't know why there all cockeyed damn Iphoneness.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts