• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to vote to pick the winner :thumbs:

Just a reminder, as with the AO COTY competition this is a fun competition but at the same time members have taken the time & effort to clean their cars, take pics & post them, so similar rules apply.

So please no vote rigging, organised campaigns, use of additional or multiple accounts, coercion, promoting membership for voting purposes or any other method to increase votes for one entrant, against the spirit of the competition.

Members encouraging others to vote for their car will be disqualified, members encouraging others to vote for other entrants may result in that entry being disqualified, so again vote for whichever entry you think deserves to win & let everyone else do the same.

Full list of rules here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

.​

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. duemila - Red GTV

Has no one cleaned anything in April, I managed to clean both cars but the GTV hasn't been entered for a while, my usual formula of luxurious soak in heated brita filter water, with a detailed sponge down with a brand new sponge and turtlewax wash soap, it was beading so well from the Harley wax I put on last year I just dried it with a new Farecla polishing microfibre,
1 duemila 1 Red GTV.jpg 1 duemila 2 Red GTV.jpg 1 duemila 3 Red GTV.jpg

1 duemila 4 Red GTV.jpg 1 duemila 5 Red GTV.jpg 1 duemila 6 Red GTV.jpg

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2. Keithy - Wine Spider

Meh. Here we go.

For some bizarre reason I decided to detail wash the spider.

Ok, it was a ‘treat’. After 3 months I had finally got the battery charged up, test driven it and it was ready for a return to service. Or possibly just back to the paint shop to get the badges glued back on again.

It has now officially passed to ‘classic’ status. I’m not going to tax it/use it over next winter and having detailed washed it I have found half a hundred things that need to doing to it. :( Next job is a cover, I know it’s knob central but I need to save it from bird poop and 20Kg of dust, rain and muck.

Anyhoo...

Autoglym roof stuff first in a vain attempt to de-algae it. Failed miserably. Blast-over with the second coat of whatever-the-flip to re-whatever it.

Next a couple of buckets, one with a thingy of Meguires (?) washy stuff, lots of directions on the carton so ignored ‘em and dumped about a quarter of the bottle in the bucket, the other with some clean water. Washed a bit at a time, drying each section as I went. Autoglym fast glass to sort the windows. Felt pretty damn smug until I realised I totally forgotten the wheels. Squirt with some B&M stuff and a scrub with a pan cleaner and enough of that shirt!
2 Keithy 1 Wine Spider.jpg 2 Keithy 2 Wine Spider.jpg 2 Keithy 3 Wine Spider.jpg

2 Keithy 4 Wine Spider.jpg 2 Keithy 5 Wine Spider.jpg

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3. Nellytheroc - Black GTV

Keeping it 916...

My GTV after some snow foam, wheel scrub, clay barring, 2 bucket wash & dry, Megs Ultimate, AG Polish, Dodo Juice wax, loads of elbow grease and probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten about.
3 Nellytheroc 1 Black GTV.jpg 3 Nellytheroc 2 Black GTV.jpg 3 Nellytheroc 3 Black GTV.jpg

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4. keithyboy - Black Fiesta

As we're struggling for numbers.....

Black Fiesta. Snow foam, car shampoo from home bargains, Aqua Was, boiled linseed on the plastics (bottle nearly empty after 10 years), AG Tyre stuff on the tyres.
4 keithyboy 1 Black Fiesta.jpg 4 keithyboy 2 Black Fiesta.jpg 4 keithyboy 3 Black Fiesta.jpg

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's all the entries, get your vote in for whichever entry you think deserves to win :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,572 Posts
I fear our scruffy little Fiesta may be outmatched here but no matter.

Black GTV wins by virtue of being black and shiny.

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts

·
Administrator
86,765 Posts

·
Registered
37,616 Posts
[Acceptance speech] This is so unexpected, I have never won anything like this before, but of course it’s not just a solo effort, I’d like to thank the guy who resprayed the arse end, the bloke who stocked the “Astonish!” on the shelf and not forgetting the fella who made the orange plakky buckets. It’s a wonderful award and I shall stick it in the downstairs loo treasure it always.[/Acceptance speech]

So c’mon folks, battle that torrential rain, forsake Corrie and get out there and clean your motor. If I can win, then anyone can.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Congrats @Keithy. If it wasn’t raining I’d be out polishing one of the Alfas ready to enter this months comp.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts