Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on the 166 it seems. So, recently bought a Jeep. About to get it converted to LPG (it goes in Saturday morning) so decided to treat it to a new set of plugs just in case. This is the 5.7 Hemi, so has 16 of the wee devils. I managed to do 8 yesterday lunchtime and was ready to do the other 8 today as it's dry.

Just get to work, the missus rings in a bit of a fluster. She has the 166 and can't get out of the car. She pushes the unlock button then the doors lock again.

Long story short, the passenger side front door latch has gone the way they all do eventually. I managed to get it to behave more or less, but it's not relaible so we swapped cars as I can leave it unlocked where I work with no problems...so I can't now finish the plug change on the Jeep...and I need to get a new door catch ASAP.

Still, as I said, at least the MI detector is working well on the 166.....lets hope the weather is kind and gives me a chance tomorrow or Friday. Drat these dark evenings.....

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slightly embarassing...but the Jeep is quicker than the 166 to 60.....doesn't corner as well though :)

...I did briefly consider the 6.1 SRT-8 Jeep at one point - that's 420bhp/420lbft and almost as quick to 60 as an EVO X FQ 330 (in a straight line of course). Couldn't afford one of those though - probably just as well as I suspect it's even more juicy than the 5.7.

...still, back on topic, new catch on order, best part of £100 now, which is a bit of a hike on the last one I bought. Shame my salary hasn't gone up as much :( Perhaps I'll try a bit harder to repair the old one this time before just chucking it away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts