Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered what you guys reckon max height someone can be to drive a GTV. Im 6"2 and sat in one quickly and wasnt sure if i was a good fit or not. Head slightly touching roof, but didnt have time to adjuts seat properly etc

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
4'6". So best stay with your 155 and never swap it for a GTV. Ever.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Robin, the question is basically irrelevant and unanswerable. All that matters is whether you fit in the car.

The reason I say it's irrelevant is that for starters, it's an Alfa, and as such, was designed for contortionists. My spider for example, is best driven by a peg-legged pirate -- as long as the peg is on the right leg -- who sits with his legs splayed open in a very undignified fashion in order to accomodate having the steering wheel between his knees. :rolleyes:

Now my brother has no issue with head room in the spider even when the top is up. He does have head room issues with 85% of the cars he sits in, and he's much shorter than you are. At 5'10" he shouldn't have headroom issues, but all his length is in his body, not in his legs, and most cars don't seem to accomodate that body type very well. He's not out of proportion -- he just doesn't have giraffe legs. ;) :D

Go back, sit in the car and take the time to adjust the seat. After you get that done, take it out for a long ride, and I mean a long one. What feels comfortable for ten minutes isn't after an hour or more.

Also remember that different variants/years of the same car fit differently. Ask Selespeed about his adventures in trying to find a spider that fit him.
--Toronto

C

·
0 Posts
I havve lots of trouble with getting the seat set right in a car, I'm about 5 9 / 5 10 and have little short legs & a long body & as posted above.
I find that with my seat forward enough to reach the pedals I am like a monkey hugging the steering wheel. It probably takes me about a week to get the seat in the right comprimise

·
Registered
609 Posts
robinsong said:
I just wondered what you guys reckon max height someone can be to drive a GTV. Im 6"2 and sat in one quickly and wasnt sure if i was a good fit or not. Head slightly touching roof, but didnt have time to adjuts seat properly etc
Well, I'm 6'4" and I fit just fine in my girlfriends Spider. I might look like a [email protected] but I enjoy it! :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm just over 6'2" and I fit in. I am on my second GTV.

I have the seat right back, and also raked back at a bit of an angle, my knees are round the steering wheel...but after a couple of drives you just get used to it and forget about it. Any coupe is going to be tight.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm the same as Giles, 6'2", and have my seat fully back and raked back slightly. I have no problems fitting in, my head only touches the roof if I sit really upright. Its comfy on a long drive. Buy one, and make sure its a V6.

Sometimes it takes a little contortion to get in and out, especially when parked close to other cars in car parks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ha ha...yes the long doos don't make life very easy!

It's a case of sliding in sideways...or as i have to sometimes, plonk one foot in, kind of jump my body in...then follow with the other leg behind.

C

·
0 Posts
robinsong said:
Hi, I am 6' 3'' and I have been driving GTv's for 5 years now. You do need to spend time adjusting the seat. Don't get one with a sun roof as I have heard you loose 1/2 and inch or so.

The only real snag is the top of the windscreen is a bit in the line of sight, but you get used to it, as you do not being able to see traffic lights when stationary at junctions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts