Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago we took delivery of a Mito Veloce(MY17) in the Matte Grey. Having previously owned a Mito QV in Matte Grey for 2 years I have learned how to deal with minor scratches but I am yet to solve the issue of stone chips. We just learned to live with them on the previous car after struggling to find a bodyshop that would deal with matte paint and struggling to find decent advice about how to touch up the stone chips. Given that you can't cut/polish the area after using a touch up pen to blend in the paint i'm concerned that any stone chips will actually end up looking worse after trying to fix them!

Yesterday I visited a company [Invisible Patterns, Warrington] that does clear vinyl wrapping. There is no kit at the moment for the facelifted mito so they have to design/measure/cut the kit themselves. I have booked the car in with them but I'm having second thoughts because to cover the bumper, entire bonnet, partial front wings and mirrors is going to cost £780! Given that we don't intend to keep the car for more than 2-3 years we are really struggling to justify the cost! [Especially when i'm seriously considering a remap and full exhaust from Autolusso! :wink_org: ]

If there was a kit available; like this ALFA ROMEO - MITO Model - 2008-2016 - 3M VENTURESHIELD / SunTek / XPEL / CAR PAINT PROTECTION FILM for £199 then I would probably just purchase that and fit it myself. Unfortunately this isn't an option :disappointed: .

Anyway, anybody else have any other ideas/thoughts/experience in repairing stone chips in matte paint?

Cheers all!

p.s. We are loving the new car and like the facelift :thumbu p: :ao:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Have you tried Chipex? https://www.chipex.co.uk
I used Chipex on my Mag Grey Gloss Giulietta , and it was pretty good. I have just taken delivery this week of a Matt Grey Giulietta Veloce. The company said I can use the same method but not the last stage which is polishing. I posted the method I used on here a few years ago so will look for it and l post link on here.

By the way! How did you deal with minor scratches?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts