Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm due to pick up my QV on Sunday and just wanted to know if anyone else has the matte grey paintwork.

Looking at various guides on the internet it's either not to much of a problem to maintain through to never buy a matte car lol.

Would appreciate any input from people about how they care for theirs.

Cheers ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
A friend of mine had a matte roof/hood on his brera (before it was all about carwrapping).
The paint itself was very sensitive. He used the two bucket wash method (with grid guard) with a strong cleaning soap. He used very soft drying towels and never worked in the sun.
He also used a wax but I don't know the brand name.
Chemical Guys offers a few products:
Chemical Guys UK The finest car care and automotive detailing products available.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe rockhopper, though I can't imagine the dealership car washer treats them much differently to a normal finish and it's still looking good (been the dealer demo so 1200 miles on the clock)

:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine had a matte roof/hood on his brera (before it was all about carwrapping).
The paint itself was very sensitive. He used the two bucket wash method (with grid guard) with a strong cleaning soap. He used very soft drying towels and never worked in the sun.
He also used a wax but I don't know the brand name.
Chemical Guys offers a few products:
Chemical Guys UK The finest car care and automotive detailing products available.
Brill thanks, will look it up

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nanolex also do a selection of products for matte finishes, i looked quite a bit into the car care whilst on the quest for my second Giulietta. Due to cost and only available on QV LE i went for Luna Pear. Have and use the Nanolex wheel cleaner and it is superb.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Matte paint isn't as difficult to look after as they guides say. I use obsession wax shampoo which works fine ( has no gloss enhancers or anything like that in it). wash it with the 2 bucket method and then seal it with a matte specific sealant or wax. For that I use a chemical guys one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I too have the Matte Magnesio Grey finish .

I had a GEN3 special protection finish applied and recommended by the Dealer .
Although this finish does show streaks .. especially at evening / night times under ambient lighting . But not visible in daylight .

So far ( 2.5K ) from new ... no issues despite many hand washes by wash-gangs
under supervision of course .

Have suffered a couple of paint chips on the car's nose but cannot find a Touch up paint
as Alfa have not produced one in Code 529A yet ..... Unless anyone knows different ??

·
Administrator
87,340 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath, AFAIK Alfa still haven't made a touch up pen for Tornado Blue & that's been available on the Mito for at least 4 or 5 years.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too have the Matte Magnesio Grey finish .

I had a GEN3 special protection finish applied and recommended by the Dealer .
Although this finish does show streaks .. especially at evening / night times under ambient lighting . But not visible in daylight .

So far ( 2.5K ) from new ... no issues despite many hand washes by wash-gangs
under supervision of course .

Have suffered a couple of paint chips on the car's nose but cannot find a Touch up paint
as Alfa have not produced one in Code 529A yet ..... Unless anyone knows different ??
Interested to know more about the paint protection. My dealer said it wasn't possible as it was matte!

Also, hand wash gangs. I thought that was a complete no go, do you just get them to wash it as normal?

Car has been with the Dealer for the last 3 days (i've only had it 1 day!!) so not had much experience at all yet with the paint lol

P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts