Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if any fiat rear calipers are the same as my 1995 16v?my handbrake just will not operate on the driverside. maybe somebody knows of a cure or something all help greatly recieved

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Steve

You have checked the obvious ie handbrake cable not seized??? or caliper adjusted correctlyor the actuator arm seized on the caliper which can be freed off

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive freed off the handbrake mechanism once before but this time the lever which works the brake is hitting the small bolt which acts as the stop. its just that the piston is barely moving therefore its hardly giving me any hand brake on that side

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the problem is your handbrake lever has gone 'over centre' if you disconnect the cable you should be able to lever it back into possition.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you explain over centre for me and which part should i lever sorry but im a bit lost

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you said the lever was up against the bolt...well it needs to be against the other bolt(stopper) disconect the cable and pull the lever(on the caliper) untill it goes all the way back to its starting point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts