Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

Has anyone ever found a paint that matches the red of the Alfa Brembo calipers?

My rear calipers are starting to peel sadly.

I've found loads of suitable paints, but the reds seem too bright.

Any ideas much appreciated guys.

Cheers,

Tom

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I need to touch up our calipers so would like this one answered too please:D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surely you can get it from Alfa or get onto Brembo themselves and ask them as they do the calipers don't they??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried.

Alfa don't sell caliper paint seperately.

I phoned Brembo in Italy. They do sell a touch up kit for their calipers BUT not to the public and not in the UK as far as the italian lady on the end of the phone knew.

There must be a caliper paint kit out there somewhere someone has used that is a deeper red?

Here's hoping.:)

·
Administrator
88,007 Posts
Tried.

Alfa don't sell caliper paint seperately.

I phoned Brembo in Italy. They do sell a touch up kit for their calipers BUT not to the public and not in the UK as far as the italian lady on the end of the phone knew.

There must be a caliper paint kit out there somewhere someone has used that is a deeper red?

Here's hoping.:)

How about contacting an Alfa Main dealer or a Brembo supplier in Italy / Europe to see if they could get you the touch up kit :)

·
Administrator
88,007 Posts
How about take a flake of paint to Halfords/B & Q .... they will make you up an aerosol to match exactly what you have. :)
I was going to suggest that or even request the paint code from Brembo but can anyone mix paint that would have the required heat resistant properties :confused:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think the Brembos are powder coated so I'm not sure how close a paint match you will get, wonder if the Brembo red ages anyway so it may not be same colour as new Brembos.

My red Brembos are looking really poor these days, think I might try some Foliatec Red brake caliper paint.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Could you not try to mix some yourself? Perhaps a small pot of red engine enamel, and some darker shade to tone it down? The calipers probably are powder coated, but regardless whether they are or not, engine enamel should be durable enough. Normally, calipers don't get excessively hot, do they? Unless pistons/pads are binding continously. :):

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Could you not try to mix some yourself? Perhaps a small pot of red engine enamel, and some darker shade to tone it down? The calipers probably are powder coated, but regardless whether they are or not, engine enamel should be durable enough. Normally, calipers don't get excessively hot, do they? Unless pistons/pads are binding continously. :):
I dont know about the temperature but I turned my bright red Brembos a much darker shade after my last track day :eek:

Once they cooled down they returned to the normal red colour.

I thought the calipers get up to 150-200deg C and the discs up to about twice that

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
If the brake calipers only get to 200 degrees, then engine enamel should be fine, as it withstands up to 450 degrees, and exhaust manifold paint normaly up to 500 degrees

1 - 14 of 14 Posts