Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems to have got good reviews in the UK car press. Which augurs well for the 6c, reputed to be coming later this year. How many of you guys are interested in the 6c , or whatever it is to be called?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Only as a very casual observer I'm afraid. Way over my budget.

EDIT: Just seen the pictures on the road in the latest copy of Autocar........ it looks too much like an Infiniti or even a big Kia. Maser seem to have lost the Wow factor. Probably will go down well in USA where they seem to like cars that look like that, but it has lost some Italian style somewhere. I will have to sample the exhaust note to play in my FIAT lol

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The Audi-clone rear end does the car no favours at all, nor does the Japanese-like front end. A nice car and a lovely noise but the new styling is too derivative to make it a big hit with me. LOVE the noise it makes..... but many execs would prefer to arrive in silence I suspect.

If you get to see the pictures in the July 1st copy of Autocar it looks very Japanese....... and for once I prefer the styling of the Mazda 6.

Sorry but its a "miss" from me.

R

·
0 Posts
I think you're being a bit harsh on it - it's quite a handsome thing in my book and has plenty of obvious Maserati styling cues.

Good piece here regarding the design.

Maserati Ghibli, design story - YouTube

As for prices - £49k for the diesel, £52k for the entry level V6 and £64k for the top V6.

I could quite fancy one but it's not quick enough ;)

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
I think its quite nice. I would need a diesel realistically with the miles I do, and the diesel, at 275BHP as RSK says isnt quite enough I think, 315-330 would be perfect ;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i like the shape. trying to imagine it with an alfa badge on the front! come autumn i wont have to imagine!

·
Registered
33,263 Posts
Gawd I hope their designers are better than their cameramen. It looks like the office receptionist filmed it after too many Montepulcianos for lunch.
It's not an official video by the looks of it . It's by Vadim somebody who explains on the comments section that he tried to film it without his own shadow in the picture . He obviously made this his priority!
The plastic sheet under the car is distracting.

He's a Russian journalist
YouTube

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
and the diesel, at 275BHP as RSK says isnt quite enough I think, 315-330 would be perfect
Well, only because the number would be higher.

The extra 40 bhp would only be significant in terms of providing a higher top speed, which is already 154mph. Unless you're regularly on the Frankfurt run, I can't see how another 10mph of top speed would matter.

R

·
0 Posts
^^^ no chance of them struggling whatsoever. This car is going to sell like hot cakes in the US, Middle East, Far East and Eastern Europe/Russia. What we think of it in the UK and to an extent mainstream Western Europe is almost an irrelevance.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
0-60 is 5.6 seconds, which isn't as fast as the big BMW diesels, but again, how often are you doing that? Once you're driving, the gearing is more significant than outright power.

I'd be much more worried about how the power is delivered rather than how much is there. The Arese V6 was often outclassed in terms of power, but it didn't stop it being a magnificent engine. Even with a diesel, on an automatic transmission, Maserati have some scope to make something that's actually satisfying to drive, rather than just being a tool for speeding on motorways. I'd be glad if anyone would break from the "stomp right foot make needle go to big number" philosophy that's taken hold of the Germans in the last decade or so.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Agreed. The QP is even more of an Asian/US play. The new car was made longer than the old one specifically to cater for the chauffeur-drive market in China.

The diesels are the only concession to Europe.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
^^^ no chance of them struggling whatsoever. This car is going to sell like hot cakes in the US, Middle East, Far East and Eastern Europe/Russia. What we think of it in the UK and to an extent mainstream Western Europe is almost an irrelevance.
i hope i'm proven wrong :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts