Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone have any tips for removing marks and scuffs from the glovebox door on my GT? It's that sort of brushed finish plastic that scuffs really easily. The Mrs tends to throw her handbag down there much to my dismay and there are a few scuff marks. Normal interior cleaner doesn't have any effect. Any ideas? Ta.

·
Registered
35,178 Posts
That brushed finish is etched into the injection mould and leaves an impression in the plastic. It's not a wrap is it ?

·
Registered
35,178 Posts
The grain on the 147/GT glovebox is very heavy so silicone will just polish it by filling in the tiny depressions.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
No, it "soak" in/evaporates off.

Obviously test a small hidden area first.

Has worked on the matt surfaces of the 500L and Evoque.
Drivers door oddment bin gets scuffed on all my cars
with my boots.

·
Registered
35,178 Posts
I'm sure some detailer characters can melt the plastic and regrain it with solvents and textured materials for smart refinishing/ preparation for resale . Best not try it at home though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure some detailer characters can melt the plastic and regrain it with solvents and textured materials for smart refinishing/ preparation for resale . Best not try it at home though.
Hehe. Yep, I'll leave that to the experts I think. Thanks for the replies. I'll give the silicone a try on a small area and see if that makes any difference. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts