Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The now famous Marios Englezos, otherwise known as Ambassador or Donkey, owner of the also famous orange GTV6, has a new toy in his shop for quite some time now.

Its a 1.5 Alfa Romeo Sprint, which belongs to one of Mario's customers.

Extensive welding and body work has been done to this car, and now its primed and ready for paint !

However, Mario's customer has decided to change the colour of his Sprint now..... I will post more pictures as he goes along :thumbs:

Next up in the bussy restoration line, is my white Sprint. My Sprint is now in pieces to a friend's house, next to Mario's workshop, waiting for its turn :rolleyes:

For now, first 6 pictures of the Sprint. Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures. It was with a phone camera

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
That 's very nice :)
Just out of couriosity (because I will be next in line in a while :D) how much a job like this roughly cost?

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
each case is different mate. It all depends on where the rusted and effected areas are, how much work is needed - working hours calculated on experiense - and how "deep" the customer wants to go for the restoration.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
OK I see!
I am asking just to see how much I will need for the Lancia and I have absolutely NO idea how much this kind of work cost!
Please let me know (If you are OK to tell) how much your Sprint will cost. I need a reference to compare.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Nice Restoration!!!!
Good work!!! :thumbs:

Even if I would prefer its original colour despite that it looks like he's done an excellent job

A

·
0 Posts
Excellent job by Marios, :thumbs: but the colour......not of my taste. :(

The car may have been fully restored but will not look as a classic one.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its 17aria Photo, they just look bigger because the car is the S2 Sprint with the higher suspension and inboard brakes.
The car was originally black but Mario's customer called him the last min before the paint job and asked him to make it orange.
I believe it looks better up close than in the pictures :)

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it is ! Its already finished with all weldings in front (windscreen area) and I grinded the weldings of the rear wheel arch repair section last Saturday.
We need to do the other side of the rear now and start filling and sanding - prepping it for paint ;)

I will be painting mine Alfa Romeo White - A210

·
Registered
893 Posts
Can't say that I enjoy the looks of the Sprint.
Am actually sad because a car that was preserved for 29 years in its original/factory form has been painted like this without respecting its age, just 1 year before could be registered as classic

This is just to remind how the car wld look if was restored in its original color. Whats wrong with the black color ?

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
rims are not proportional... tou 33 sou pan tou pio wraia
A better look to the rims and Photos is absolutely right, :thumbs:
A size smaller would have been a more proportionate one.

Even the steering wheel looks to be of light brown wooden look one. :(

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rims are not proportional... tou 33 sou pan tou pio wraia
Thank you :)

Can't say that I enjoy the looks of the Sprint.
Am actually sad because a car that was preserved for 29 years in its original/factory form has been painted like this without respecting its age, just 1 year before could be registered as classic

This is just to remind how the car wld look if was restored in its original color. Whats wrong with the black color ?
Nothing wrong with black, but then again, nothing wrong with being different :)
I'm rebuilding my Sprint and still painting it white as it was, but not that beige-white that came out of the factory !
I hate that white ! You can wash it and polish it all day and it still looks .....dirty ! :eek:
Thats why I'm painting it A210 white. Improvement ;)

A better look to the rims and Photos is absolutely right, :thumbs:
A size smaller would have been a more proportionate one.
:(
The 17x7" wheels are the maximum size you can go on the Sprint or 33.
After a LOT of consideration, I'm going for 15" wheels on mine. Just waiting for a set of hubs from Shrew in UK, and I'm going mono-block :p

thelw jai egw ena sprint re gmt
poula to diko tou o Giorkos sta Latsia, alla itan na paei na to dei jai o Kofteros.
En grammeno 17ari 16v me ta 17aria rims, koni suspension, h&r lowering kit, powerflex bushes. It needs some attention, but good car with good engine.
Call me if you are interested, I'll take you by to have a look :thumbs:

On the other hand, if you are looking for an S1 Sprint with the chrome bumpers, I have one in mind also, but it needs some body work as it has the usual rust issues. Would be a good project ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts