Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Washed both of ours on 28th Feb, too late for Feb, too early for March.

M/P/B :p
If its after one months compo has closed surely it should be fine for the next month?

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The February competition didn't close until after midnight on the 29th ;)

Steve you are Faff Cat II :headbang:

:Evil:

* :p *

·
Registered
59 Posts
The weekend weather was looking good but the Brera was not. She was looking dirty if you know what I mean, I had neglected her for too long so it was time make up and give her a treat.
The big three day clean. Day one Friday 11th, cleaned the wheels with Simoniz alloy wheel cleaner then washed with Auto Glym bodywork shampoo conditioner rinsed off and dried.
Day two Saturday 12th applied Auto Glym super resin polish to the paintwork buffed off and then applied a coat of Auto Glym extra gloss protection.
Day three Sunday 13th cleaned all the glass inside and out with Auto Glym car glass polish, Vacumed the inside and cleaned the leather with Simoniz leather protection wipes.
She was looking a lot better but it was still nice day and I had the time so I gave her a second coat of extra gloss protection. Job done. :beer:

·
Registered
71 Posts
The weekend weather was looking good but the Brera was not. She was looking dirty if you know what I mean, I had neglected her for too long so it was time make up and give her a treat.
The big three day clean. Day one Friday 11th, cleaned the wheels with Simoniz alloy wheel cleaner then washed with Auto Glym bodywork shampoo conditioner rinsed off and dried.
Day two Saturday 12th applied Auto Glym super resin polish to the paintwork buffed off and then applied a coat of Auto Glym extra gloss protection.
Day three Sunday 13th cleaned all the glass inside and out with Auto Glym car glass polish, Vacumed the inside and cleaned the leather with Simoniz leather protection wipes.
She was looking a lot better but it was still nice day and I had the time so I gave her a second coat of extra gloss protection. Job done. :beer:
Looking good. Black is a nightmare to keep clean.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Labour of love

Spent most of today washing, polishing and hoovering. Removed and degunked the instrument panel and tunnel. replaced the gear gaiter, handbrake gaiter and leather handle (Black leather with red stitching,sourced via ebay exceptional quality).

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had some amazing days lately and with amazing days comes a good handwash of the alfa 147

As pictures say more then words:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
1998 Spider. Just treated to a wash with autoglym shampoo and a wax with Harly wax. Tyres treated with autoglym tyre dressing and plastic parts with vinyl and rubber care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,010 Posts
Washed both of ours on 28th Feb, too late for Feb, too early for March.

M/P/B :p
I'm sure if you said you did it on 1 March we could turn a Nelsonian eye.

·
Registered
15,010 Posts
Right then. A month into Jaguar ownership and I finally found time to give it a proper clean.

Products used (in order):

Corporation pop
Poundland car shampoo
Autosmart fallout remover
Autosmart wheel cleaner
clay mitt with Simoniz quick detailer as lube
Autosmart platinum

Engine plastics were done with boiled linseed oil and the steering wheel with gliptone's quite spectacular scuffmaster dye.

Before and after on the steering wheel

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd be interested In Knowing which qd you went for? Personally I use simonise qd when claying. I personally am crazy about chemical guys hybrid v7 everything about it is amazing even the smell! If you havnt tried it yet I seriously suggest you try it

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'd be interested In Knowing which qd you went for? Personally I use simonise qd when claying. I personally am crazy about chemical guys hybrid v7 everything about it is amazing even the smell! If you havnt tried it yet I seriously suggest you try it
Its a qd from a company called infinity wax, glass canopy quick detailer its called. Not tried the chemical guys hybrid v7 but i will have to give it a shot, cant have one i havent tried :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts