• kandaz - Black Giulietta

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to vote to pick a winner for March :thumbs:

Just a reminder, as with the AO COTY competition this is a fun competition but at the same time members have taken the time & effort to clean their cars, take pics & post them, so similar rules apply.

For those reasons we ask that members vote for whoever they think deserves to win :thumbs:

.​

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALFA John - Black Brera

The weekend weather was looking good but the Brera was not. She was looking dirty if you know what I mean, I had neglected her for too long so it was time make up and give her a treat.
The big three day clean. Day one Friday 11th, cleaned the wheels with Simoniz alloy wheel cleaner then washed with Auto Glym bodywork shampoo conditioner rinsed off and dried.
Day two Saturday 12th applied Auto Glym super resin polish to the paintwork buffed off and then applied a coat of Auto Glym extra gloss protection.
Day three Sunday 13th cleaned all the glass inside and out with Auto Glym car glass polish, Vacumed the inside and cleaned the leather with Simoniz leather protection wipes.
She was looking a lot better but it was still nice day and I had the time so I gave her a second coat of extra gloss protection. Job done. :beer:
3 ALFA John 1 Black Brera.jpg 3 ALFA John 2 Black Brera.jpg 3 ALFA John 3 Black Brera.jpg

3 ALFA John 4 Black Brera.jpg 3 ALFA John 5 Black Brera.jpg 3 ALFA John 6 Black Brera.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
verybadman - Red GTV

Spent most of today washing, polishing and hoovering. Removed and degunked the instrument panel and tunnel. replaced the gear gaiter, handbrake gaiter and leather handle (Black leather with red stitching,sourced via ebay exceptional quality).
5 verybadman 1 Red GTV.jpg 5 verybadman 2 Red GTV.jpg 5 verybadman 3 Red GTV.jpg

5 verybadman 4 Red GTV.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
arde - Black 147

We had some amazing days lately and with amazing days comes a good handwash of the alfa 147

As pictures say more then words
6 arde 1 Black 147.jpg 6 arde 2 Black 147.jpg 6 arde 3 Black 147.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
howayasham041 - Blue MX5

Took the mx5 out for a spin and gave it a bit of a clean.

Washed
Detarred
Clayed
Polished
waxed
Glazed
Sealed should be OK for the next while unless I decide to do some paint correction
7 howayasham041 1 Blue MX5.jpg 7 howayasham041 2 Blue MX5.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spider916JD - Red Spider

1998 Spider. Just treated to a wash with autoglym shampoo and a wax with Harly wax. Tyres treated with autoglym tyre dressing and plastic parts with vinyl and rubber care.
8 Spider916JD 1 Red Spider.jpg 8 Spider916JD 2 Red Spider.jpg 8 Spider916JD 3 Red Spider.jpg

8 Spider916JD 4 Red Spider.jpg 8 Spider916JD 5 Red Spider.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keithyboy - Blue Jaguar

Right then. A month into Jaguar ownership and I finally found time to give it a proper clean.

Products used (in order):

Corporation pop
Poundland car shampoo
Autosmart fallout remover
Autosmart wheel cleaner
clay mitt with Simoniz quick detailer as lube
Autosmart platinum

Engine plastics were done with boiled linseed oil and the steering wheel with gliptone's quite spectacular scuffmaster dye.

Before and after on the steering wheel
9 keithyboy 1 Blue Jaguar.jpg 9 keithyboy 2 Blue Jaguar.jpg 9 keithyboy 3 Blue Jaguar.jpg

9 keithyboy 4 Blue Jaguar.jpg 9 keithyboy 5 Blue Jaguar.jpg 9 keithyboy 6 Blue Jaguar.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firstcaralfa - Black GT

New to this whole detailing thing so I will go for beginners luck!

I used:

Snow foam lance from eBay with Autoglym pressure washer shampoo, covered and rinsed off.

Simoniz wax free shampoo with a microfibre mitt, dried with a microfibre cloth.

Autoglym instant tyre dressing.

Meguiars clay bar, used autoglym rapid detailer as lube.

Autoglym ultra deep shine to polish.

Simoniz car wax over that.
11 Firstcaralfa 1 Black GT.jpg 11 Firstcaralfa 2 Black GT.jpg 11 Firstcaralfa 3 Black GT.jpg

11 Firstcaralfa 4 Black GT.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alexGS - Blue GTV

My Gtv is coming along nicely. I've bought some Collinite 476S wax (from Poland, via eBay) - now it's just a case of clay bar, polish (DA polisher, orange pad, Chemical Guys V36) and the wax can go on. I've done a few parts so far :)

-Alex
12 alexGS 1 Blue GTV.jpg

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
15,828 Posts
That's really quite tough. I'd normally go for the older ones as acknowledgement of the fact that getting something old looking that clean takes some real effort but I can't really separate the two spiders on that basis. Instead I'm going for Alfa John's Brera, purely because of the clarity of the reflections on his bonnet.

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All pics are posted in the order they were posted by the entrants in the entries thread, & that's how they are displaying for me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts