Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have said it before, but I really think we need to reccomend the good guys.

Alfie (the owner and ex Alfa main dealer mechanic) charged me just £117.50 including VAT to fit a couple of front shocks. They also looked over my other car - an MX5 to ensure nothing was wrong before I take it for an alignment, and did not even charge me for the time spent.

Verdict of new shocks - car is now a lot safer to drive. However, I think the front is now too sharp for the rear, so looking at new rears I think to complement the fronts, but will try to hold on until the next service in May.

I have heard that regardless how good the alignment is, I am likely to need another alignment after the new shocks have settled down - how long / many miles should I leave this until? Also, will I need another alignment after the rear shocks are done, or will this not affect the rear alignment? If so, I may just bite the bullet and get the rears done sooner..... (bank balance permitting!)

Almost there with the good handling I remembered when I got her at 35k's. I guess that at 72K's things like shocks are inevitable!

Alfie - if you are reading this, thanks a lot for all of your patience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd echo the sentiments - they are a good bunch at HRG - Alfie and the guys do good work at very reasonable prices and I trust them with my GTV for any work.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
This is an older thread but I must also echo the comments about Alfie and all at HRG. I had my 156 serviced there before Christmas and it is way cheaper than any dealer and the car is running great.

Cheers Alfie and HRG.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alfie was my saviour! Had my 156 2L sportswagon at main dealers to check out an oil leak - I knew it was leaking oil cos the stuff was ruining my path. Took it in to the dealer for 8.30 and they rang me mid morning to tell me I had an oil leak!!!! and there were other things wrong with the car. The work cost me lots of money for them to fix - but the oil leak was still there.
In despair I joined AO and asked for local indies which could be trusted with my precious car!!! dpat recommended HRG.
I live 50 miles north of Sandbach but willing to give him a try so booked my car in.
The oil leak has now been cured along with other (major) bits and pieces. The car is purring and I am very happy.
Alfie gave detailed explanations of all work carried out and the cost for all the work was very reasonable.
Thanks to Alfie and his team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts