Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know as soon as i take my car out on the roads it will be instantly filthy again, BUT I have a real urge to go and clean it... To clean or not to clean. Anyone else washing their cars in these conditions?!

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
I would but the resulting ice rink would not be popular :cheese:
What he said!!!

My little 145 is in need a clean too :( :cry: Hes looking all sorry for him self :(

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can kinda get away with it as it's sat on gravel... Think i'm just convincing myself it will be ok here :lol:

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Find out what the air temp is first, if you wash your car in -5 you'll end up with frost bitten hands and an ice sculpture of your car...... even on gravel.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,380 Posts
I don't think washing a car in these conditions is very good at all, may lead to all sorts of problems.

That's my excuse anyway... :D

N

·
0 Posts
Just washed mine.

In the Total garage carwash with new, improved, soft brushes.

Underside too to clean off all that 'orrible UK salt.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Im going to do mine tomorrow, i went to Lincoln and back from Stoke and my car is absolutly filthy, she should be using pot noodles rather then petrol.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
i did mine last week, just to get the salt off, ill probably do it again tomorrow before the fresh snow comes, and because it looks manky when its dirty:(

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did it, all cleaned and tucked away for the night... managed to dry it before it froze too:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Yup, me too.
Did it last weekend. 500 miles later it is filthy.
Roll on next weekend...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
erm i did my good deed for the year & washed my wife's Grande Punto, & then our house ran out of water as i was finishing it!!! oops!!!!!

Fair play to our local council for their management of the water supply!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Had to wash mine: 600 miles and 2 trips across the Irish sea as deck cargo in the space of a week and there was a crust of salt all over it.

Started snowing within minutes of finishing.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Took mine to sponge wash yesterday,as I couldn't stand the thought of all that salt covring her,have done about 50 miles since and she's dirty as ever!:cry:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Mine is asleep in my garage, not been out for about a month or so now I think :eek: :D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Mine is asleep in my garage, not been out for about a month or so now I think :eek: :D
go and wake it up then, or does it not like being brought out of hibernation and get moody:lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
go and wake it up then, or does it not like being brought out of hibernation and get moody:lol:
Nah thats just me, I just dont use it very often and I'm not going to hell about in it when its all snowy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts