Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in to Mangos today to look at the Arbarth 124 Spider. Nice looking car!
They clearly didn't want to sell it though as the salesman (who could clearly see I was looking at it in some detail) was much more interested in making lots of phone calls instead of trying to sell me the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,693 Posts
Looked at a Spider at Platts years back. A refusal to knock even a couple of hundred quid off the rather high ticket price meant we told 'em where to stick it.

Got a much nicer one :lol:

Can't remember if it was TG or Evo (sorry :eek:) that I read recently that reckoned the lsd and tweakage make the Abarth a much, much nicer car.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I bet the sales man wasn't on the phone to me.

I've ordered a car from there and phoned up on 2nd September to ask a couple of questions. They haven't phoned me back yet with the answers and when I try and contact them it usually takes about 3 phone calls over a few days for somebody to ring back to say they have to speak to somebody else. I've given up until Alfa release official brochures and price lists.

I cannot recommend anybody to buy a car from them based on my recent experience. They really don't act like they care.

·
Registered
35,158 Posts
Every time somebody names a dealer that's happy to take an advance deposit on a new model it's them though!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I bet the sales man wasn't on the phone to me.

I've ordered a car from there and phoned up on 2nd September to ask a couple of questions. They haven't phoned me back yet with the answers and when I try and contact them it usually takes about 3 phone calls over a few days for somebody to ring back to say they have to speak to somebody else. I've given up until Alfa release official brochures and price lists.

I cannot recommend anybody to buy a car from them based on my recent experience. They really don't act like they care.
I decided to phone them up earlier today as I was passing later in the day and I was considering getting my deposit back and trying another dealer. When I rang up to speak to the salesman to give him one last chance, they initially didn't know who I was talking about. Turns out he left last week.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,447 Posts
So which dealer is your returned deposit going to?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I was willing to give them one last chance so I've just emailed somebody else the information that I'm after.

We are a bit short on dealers round here. Blackburn is the closest and there is a newish one in Chester, Swanways.

I'd be interested to hear of anybody who has had dealings with the one in Chester. I like the one in Blackburn, at least they got me beer and pizza once.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
I was chatting with Anielo at Blackburn Motorpark a couple of weeks ago - he's very excited about the Giulia's arrival and has said he'll organise a launch evening along the lines of the one they did for the 4C :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Went in to Mangos today to look at the Arbarth 124 Spider. Nice looking car!
They clearly didn't want to sell it though as the salesman (who could clearly see I was looking at it in some detail) was much more interested in making lots of phone calls instead of trying to sell me the car!
Anyway, back on topic, I've just received an email entitled "Discover the new Abarth Spider 124 at Mangoletsi Knutsford". They are pushing for sales this weekend, 23rd to 25th.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Mangoletsi has been like this for some years. It's quite remarkable that they can't get basic communication right but can bombard you with "offer" emails years after you bought a car once. It isn't like it's a busy city centre showroom with massive footfall. They seem to rarely have more than three or four potential customers and maybe a couple at the service desk at any one time yet they fail to make the most basic introduction and seem incapable of returning calls an emails according to most people's experiences. If I was owner/MD I'd be seriously worried that they work hard to generate interest via marketing but don't pay much attention to potential customers when they respond to it.

Odd. Lazy. Unprofessional.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I finally got an answer back today for the first of my two questions after 3 1/2 weeks, Mangos said it wasn't an option.

Within an hour I'd found that Alfa had just released the brochures for the Giulia on their website. According to the brochure, the answer to my first question was option number 211 at £750.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,447 Posts
I finally got an answer back today for the first of my two questions after 3 1/2 weeks, Mangos said it wasn't an option.

Within an hour I'd found that Alfa had just released the brochures for the Giulia on their website. According to the brochure, the answer to my first question was option number 211 at £750.
So then....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts