Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My Alfa 159 jtdm has finally just about beaten me on the cost to keep it running. I visited Mangoletsi Knutsford on a family visit on Sunday, my brother lives ten mins away. Blown away by a 2013 Giulietta with only 16k miles, makes my 159 feel twenty years older, and agreed a deal.

Due to pick it up Friday after work.

My only concern is the warranty. In the discussions, a 3 year warranty was included. It was implied it was all "singing and dancing", and told me I could use my local Alfa dealer for any problems at all as I'm based 150 miles away in the north east.

I've just had the warranty info through by email - and its an AutoProtect / Auto Protect "bronze" policy. Has anyone had any dealings with these? It concerns me its third party and not at all by mangos themselves. And deeply so that its a bronze policy, never mind silver or gold.

Apologies if this is a old topic, but I've searched for warranty / Auto Protect etc. and nothing recent is appearing.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Make sure that you check and follow the the servicing conditions in the warranty. Often they bear no resemblance to the manufacturers servicing schedule, specifying the old fashioned 3k, 3 months rule. I've heard of cases where a warranty claim has been turned down even though the manufacturer's schedule has been followed.

Let's just hope that you never neeed to use it.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Been there, done that! I naively assumed that a 2½ year old car bought from a franchised dealer would be covered by the manufacturer's used car scheme. Not if it's bought from Mangoletsi. . .

After a lot of arguing I persuaded them to increase the level of cover.

Looks like nothing's changed in 8 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I'm going to call up this morning, see what they say about either upgrading the warranty from bronze to gold or what they'll cover themelves if it's removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts