Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prelude:

It all started with me and John chatting over a beer or two last November about how great it would be if we could find a facility that could offer a robust dyno with no wheel slip, as most 'roads' are useless for the sort of torque diesel's tend to put down, you get wheel spin, and eractic results, not enough weight over the wheels etc etc. But most importantly I wanted somewhere well respected in the industry and renowned for being brutally honest about any readings or issues they could detect...

One thing lead to another, (a few more beers were consumed) and a few fellow Alfisti friends got very interested, and before you knew it the date was set and WGT Auto Developments Ltd was identified as having everything that we were looking for! :thumbs:
(Up to 1000bhp Dyno, hub mounted (so no slip) and these guys build RX7 Drift and Race and Drag series cars, So more than qualified :wow:)

We decided to extend the invite to a few more AO buddies, who we knew would be up for it, and preferably with Mangoletsi Performance upgrades, so we could do some like for like comparisons, and create a bit of banter. We thought a couple of Ferrari's and the Maserati would also add a bit of fun and show us Alfa boys how it's done Italian style of course!

John then very kindly went away and managed to get Mangoletsi to sponsor the day, as the cost of this particular dyno facility would have been way too expensive for such a small group. :thumbs:

Before the pics I just want to say a massive Thank you to Mangoletsi (Julian especially) for sponsoring us on Saturday, as that was a very kind gesture and much appreciated by us all! It was a privilage to be driving one of John's power-house diesels that produced some larger than life figures, (much to the disgust of JBSmith :lol:) for what is only the starting point of things to come. I never expected so much from so little outlay!

Lastly John and Matt thank you for being such excellent hosts! It was great test driving some of the new creations you brought with you, you guys really are building a fleet of powerful cars and getting a massive following! ...and lastly to WGT for the awesome dyno, (even though the 355 Ferrari blew all the fuses and broke it :p) friendliness and hospitality that you guys provided! :thumbs:

Pic's are courtesy of our much loved Medster (Mehdi76Alfa) and by no means in any particular order! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
more too come...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mmm Nuvola Blue :cool:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
How did the 1750 do?

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yep, an awesome day :thumbs: Really really enjoyed it. Just wish my car was there to even a few scores and settle a few arguments :lol:

Massive thanks to John and Matty for giving up their free time to look after us and to Mangos for letting them bring some exotica to the day. My ears are still bleeding from the 550 and the 355! :wow:

As the first customer to drive the new 159 1750 TBi with the Mangos treatment, I can safely say..... WOW!!! Now that will be a stormer with a few thousand miles under its wheels. :thumbs:

I think everyone went away very, very happy and now have conclusive proof that the mods do exactly what they say on the tin. Perhaps some humble pie can be served up now :confused::p

Cheers all - great to put some faces to names too. :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
How did the 1750 do?
The rev limiter cut in early :( An ECU enforced limit until the car was run in properly. (it only started the day with 22miles on the odometer! :eek:;)

I can tell you though, it felt good - real good! :thumbs:

No turbo lag and pulled nearly as well as a standard 2.4 but with a much more lineal delivery. Smoooooth.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Was that the same place that RR'd the 2.2 with mod 4?

197 was / is a healthy gain, especially as that engine was near new (60 miles on it IIRC).

At 30k plus, the engine is soooo thrashable:cool:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and there's more....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gonna be a long night... why won't this forum allow pics to open from Photobucket directly/automatically without clicking on a link?

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
gonna be a long night... why won't this forum allow pics to open from Photobucket directly/automatically without clicking on a link?
That one at least I can answer, its a security nightmare doing that kind of thing, would be very easy to link to malicious content (for example, the BMW forum :cheese:), it's one of those annoying things that need to be done..

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
They work like that in the images section Mikey;)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
It will if you post your pictures in the Just Images lounge. ;)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I run another Car forum and in 5 years have never had any problems with picture from PB? :rolleyes:

Anyway...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and some likely caracters watching the results come in...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and finally...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wheres all dyno results etc :)
Great question Dave :p

Come on chaps don't be shy and get adding you dyno results to the thread! After all we are in the Tuning & Upgrades lounge! ;)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts