Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Have not posted for ages but here goes.

I am looking to trade my GT for a 159. I have spotted a 159 I fancy but it has a Mangoletsi dealer decal on the boot lid.

As I always try to de-badge my cars I wondered if anyone knew if it is possible to remove this dealer decal (its a 80 mile trip to visit the car so I thought I would ask here)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If it is stuck on with double sided tape, get some thick nylon line, put knots every 10cm and use it to saw through the tape. This won't damage the paint. Most decals are fixed on like this unless just a basic sticker.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
It will peel off easily - I needed nothing more than a thumb nail to remove mine.

. . . just got to replace the numberplate & every trace of *****letsi has been been removed!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I looks like a vinyl decal in the photos on the website so it sounds like I could get it off.
For the record I have nothing against Mangoletsi-I just hate stickers on my cars!
Cheers

·
Registered
822 Posts
Tell em you want the car, only if this sticker is removed prior to pick up!
If they want the sale they will do it:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Gentle use of a heat gun will soften the adhesive then it will virtually fall off.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought the car and managed to get the decal off using the edge of a credit card. Sad to see my GT go but I am well pleased with the 159.
Thanks for the replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts