Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've been advised to change the cam belt on my 156 V6 which has done 48k. The dealer wants over 600 for this, but can anyone recommend anywhere in the Manchester area where they do good work for something less than that please?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ferdie's in Lytham (near Blackpool) would be my suggestion, but that might be a bit far for you.....

He's a traditional Alfa expert of old and very familiar with the 156 and its engines...

M

·
0 Posts
Hi I've been advised to change the cam belt on my 156 V6 which has done 48k. The dealer wants over 600 for this, but can anyone recommend anywhere in the Manchester area where they do good work for something less than that please?

good advice....:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ferdie's in Lytham (near Blackpool) would be my suggestion, but that might be a bit far for you.....

He's a traditional Alfa expert of old and very familiar with the 156 and its engines...
I Agree. If a job is worth doing well then take in to Ferdi. You won't find a more honest bloke anywhere.

It’s sometimes worth travelling the distance….I should know :)

He did my clutch, flywheel, engine mounts and a few other bits for a great price.

Definitely recommend him. He's a born and bred Italian motor mechanic. Top Bloke!

His web address is: http://www.ferdisgarage.co.uk/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! As you say, it's worth going further afield if the work is that good..... Blackpool isn't that far from Bury!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts