Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is my new thread to chart the misadventures relating to my new motor. The title refers to the wheel cover, which had a massive sticker/wrap on it:

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here it is.....

137k miles on it. New clutch and brakes. Ska sticker largely removed (though some modifications - in nail varnish - resist half-hearted efforts to remove). I'll sort it....whenever.

Leather (heated up front). Working windows, sunroof, CD/radio. Tinted pimp windows. LED things on front. Wind deflectors. Wimpy roof bars. Decent looking exhaust.

Dewy headlamp offiside. Both need polishing to remove haze. No obvious rust. Underneath will get some underseal as is my wont. No parcel shelf. Just bought one off the bay for £70. Bought a rubber boot liner for £17. Need to buy bars.

Think the clutch master is a little squeaky...otherwise......all else is sound.

This is the car that, with luck, gets the bairn to uni in September. :tum:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,777 Posts
Clutch pedal squeak? They all do that sir!

If you have a misted headlamp just take the rubber boot off the back and it'll clear in no time.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks tidy.

The rear light cluster is massive, don’t break it it looks mega expensive.

Happy motoring. :thumbup:
made me look on fleabay - between £30-£100 depending on your luck etc.

This week I'll post a list of things I wanna do - or add to this one:

1. squeaky thing
  2. dewy lamp
  3. tidy up the wheel cover
  4. underseal
  5. cabin filter
  6. fit new beesting on roof (current one can't pick up 5 live.....and is, slightly worryingly, held to the base with tape).
  7. install new rubber boot line (cos Vinnie isn't gonna cover this one in hair). Oh yes he is.
  8. Install new luggage cover.
  9. Service.
  10. Wash - cos that's when you find stuff.
Considering removing the pimpy black tint stuff.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
made me look on fleabay - between £30-£100 depending on your luck etc.

This week I'll post a list of things I wanna do - or add to this one:

1. squeaky thing - meh....probably result in weird clutch technique.
  2. dewy lamp - weekend probe, weather permitting.
  3. tidy up the wheel cover - done as much as I'm doing now, until things warm up a bit.
  4. underseal - when warmer.- when warmer.
  5. cabin filter -
  6. fit new beesting on roof (current one can't pick up 5 live.....and is, slightly worryingly, held to the base with tape) - £4 part arrived. Will fit this weekend. I expect sealant will be required - because I also suspect the reason it is taped up is because of a reversal in a low ceiling car park, and I suspect the mounting has lifted slightly. Until gash tape is removed I can't be sure.
  7. install new rubber boot line (cos Vinnie isn't gonna cover this one in hair). Oh yes he is.
  8. Install new luggage cover - £70 spent. As new. Works perfectly. :tum:
  9. Service. Not a priority.
  10. Wash - cos that's when you find stuff. Warmer...
Considering removing the pimpy black tint stuff.
After a week and a half, here's the good stuff:

• everything works - heated seats are a joyous thing.
  • sound system is all I need.
  • It handles really well for something like this.
  • Fuel economy looks very promising.
Not so good?

• the ride is a lot firmer than my old Mk1 - trade off for the handling. George laughed in the face of speed bumps, this one feels them a bit more.
  • I fitted the new boot cover last night. I'm not 100% convinced about the positioning of the thing in the boot. The 2nd gen CR-V has a feature where the entire back row of seats can slide fore and aft, so you can get the balance between boot and back seat legroom exactly as you'd prefer it. They managed the boot cover issue by providing a 'bar' which contains roller blinds at both sides. One big sheet for the main boot, and two sheets to reach to the rear seat headrests (split, like the seats into 1 third and 2 thirds). It's clever/clever, but I think the default positioning of the boot cover 'bar' is too far towards the rear.
That's it. The problem with the boot cover comes into play when I'm on holiday. My ideal configuration is that I can load half the boot floor with cases and walking boots etc.and the other half with fat, stupid labrador. I would like the boot cover to be present, because while not needed then, it does provide a useful service at some point. I also want to attach a dog guard thing, to prevent said labrador from excitedly joining me in the front, drooling on the leather.

I think the solution might be to load the luggage in the boot in a line against the back of the rear seat, rather than on one side (as we did in the old car). if that works, then it's maybe not an issue at all.

Looking forward to, hopefully, today receiving the rubber boot mat which should prevent Vinnie from RUINING the boot with his hairy ass.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
If you are splurging, the custom full boot liner I got from Titan covers in the UK is doing very well.
Better than the one from CustomCovers for the Evoque.
But probably too pricey for budget Japanese lifestyle SUV motoring.

Also check it the boot floor wheelwell cover has a non-furry, wipe-able reversible side. ;)

1 - 20 of 267 Posts