Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do they do it, eh? Cloverleaf146?

And you can mock HST , but did you realise that more people die every year from hospital acquired MRSA than die on the roads ?

Not so funny now, is it

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=1067
The number of death certificates mentioning Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) decreased to 1,593 in 2007

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1208
The total number of deaths in road accidents fell by 7 per cent to 2,946 in 2007
So almost twice as many people die on the roads
compared to those dying from a certain infection.

A quite obvious case of "making s**t up"
AKA lying.

Caio all!!

:D

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe I mentioned 2007 anywhere in my post ?

Oh my word.

Still can't bring yourself to admit any wrongdoing
even after being caught with one's pants down?
(Or more to the point one's pants on fire, maybe?)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmm maybe he just made a mistake ?

It is a worry though MRSA , we have elected to keep our dad at home this last few weeks as they wanted to have him in permanently instead we have gone for looking after him at home along with the help of 2 wonderful Mcmillan nurses. MRSA was one of the concerns that & if he passed away while none of us were there would be devastated, so this can worry people.

Having said that I am here waiting to collect him from the oncology dept as today he has had to have a 6 hour blood transfusion as he is very weak & under 46kilo's, I am worried of him catching something while he is there ?? maybe I'm being to sensitive but it could be classed as scaremongering if it is not an honest mistake ?!

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
In the hope that it reassures you at least a little bobster, look at the first link I posted:

National Statistics Online

Particularly this bit:

"Between 2007 and 2008, the age-standardised rate for deaths involving MRSA in males decreased from 26 to 18 per million population".

Hope your dad is OK.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bobster :( I wish you and yours well with it all.
Sadly the member inquestion has a history of this kind of post and seems to enjoy getting peoples backs up. Hence him now becoming unregistered!

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
My dad recently had a 7 month stay in hospital he was MRSA positive but thankfully pulled through it, I can understand why you would be concerned.

·
Super Moderator
85,951 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
This thread is coincidental. Nothing to do with Cloverleafs de-registering.

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
Its purpose seems to be to correct a fallacy earlier posted. I don't see an 'end of purpose' or any reason to close it therefore.

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
can you elaborate on that bazza ?
There doesn't seem to be any way to elaborate on its non-connection with something. It just isn't. :D

If you mean, can I elaborate on the reasons behind the banning - then I don't think I can, sorry. I don't know all of them anyway.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There doesn't seem to be any way to elaborate on its non-connection with something. It just isn't. :D

If you mean, can I elaborate on the reasons behind the banning - then I don't think I can, sorry. I don't know all of them anyway.
i did mean the latter, but if its not for public consumption then thats :cool: :)

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
To be clear, I don't think we're supposed to talk about reasons for peoples infractions or bannings where avoidable. It's nothing specific to this one.
(There have been exceptions where the recipient of the infraction has brought it up themselves, and we've needed to respond.)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.