Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a MP3 cd for the GT, but just wanted to know what is the best way to transfer over the files?

Can the unit play randomly?

Should I put them all in the root directory of the CD or store them in each of their individual group directories?

·
Registered
652 Posts
One way:
-batch rename the tracks starting with the track number, e.g., 01-trackname,02-trackname,
-put each album into a different folder, e.g., 01,02,...
I can't remember if the unit uses the filename or mp3 ID tag for display/sorting - I *think* it is the filename. The manual might help. No random play - just select the folder (up/down keys) and track within each (left/right keys).

This assumes you have the Blaupunkt head unit.

·
Registered
677 Posts
There is some instructions in the manual - skip that and just create a nice tidy file structure :)

I used to burn a CD-RW MP3 cd like this:

Folder 1 (call it what you like, but if you want it listed first start with 01, 02 etc) throw in all of your MP3's into this folder (be it from an album/artists/particular genre).

Folder 2 - same as above with your next choice of music/artist/album etc

And so on..

Within the menu on the headunit, there is a couple of option's to re-call the files by filename, tag etc

Tip - for the bose system, using MP3's with a bitrate of over 192kbps made a huge difference to the clarity of the bass. Most of my collection is 320kbps - probably about the max. that you will notice a difference in sound quality within the confines of the car.

When you have that all organised - I used to throw the sorted folders into a 'parent folder' called Alfa GT - looked pretty cool coming up on the h/u screen when you inserted the MP3 CD - sad I know :D

For burning, I used to just drag the parent folder (and sub-folders) into the CD drive (on my XP machine) and click on 'write these files to disc'.

Enjoy..... :cool:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers lads...

Ciaran, you're definitely right about the bit rate. Most if not all my collection was gathered before I increased the capacity of my hard drive so they are nearly all on 128kbps. I had an MP3 cd lying around that I was playing last week and it is no way as good a sound as from the cd changer

I like the idea of the parent folder called Alfa GT, definitely sad but cool all the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts