Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - I've had the use of my sister's DV camcorder for a while, so I've been doing what comes naturally... getting some in-car footage of the Green Machine :D

Here's a linky to my first effort, courtesy of Youtube...

YouTube - Nova T33

I just love the sound of the Alfa boxer when it comes on cam :cool:

What's more amazing is that you can barely hear the car from the outside - witness my second effort, filmed by a work colleague who just happens to own a VW-powered example....

YouTube - 2 Novas 2

I had lots of incidental music on the latter piece, but had to remove it for copyright reasons. Keep the volume up when the drive by starts or you'll never hear me! Who said making movies was easy?

Catch you later!

Lauren

M

·
0 Posts
A couple of good videos there Lauren. Got to love the sound of the boxers!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manic, isn't it?

Hard to believe its only a 1500 SOHC... I was able to time my acceleration from the raw footage - 0-60 in 9 seconds... not bad when you consider the reduction gearing from the 15" wheels and 60 profile tyres :D

And... ahem... I revved out in third at 75 mph, and was doing 85 in 4th most of the way :tut:

Lauren

K

·
0 Posts
nice job lauren :cool: love the crackle on the overun :inlove: even gets some on the beetle engined one :D

get ready to deny it all if there is a knock on your door though :tut: but you were only joking about going over 60 though, of course :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Absolutely officer, and my speedo display is too grainy on Youtube to be used in evidence :D

I find it quite intriguing that one 'Sud can sound so different from another - I mean, they've all got the same 4-2-1 manifolds, a main silencer and a resonator box. Some are done out in stainless steel, its true, but then there should only be two 'Sud sounds, with stainless and without - and I don't think I've heard any two sound alike!

I was hunting round for ages looking for exhaust leaks before I realised that 'Suds crackle and pop anyway, so a system that is 6 feet shorter should do even more!

Lauren

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice. I reckon you need 'On days like these' from the Italian Job as soundtrack to the first vid :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehe - you spotted the look I was after :D

Trouble is, there's very little in the way of alpine scenery in Hampshire!

I'm still pondering how I can fit the camera in the offside sill with the lens looking out of the brake cooling intake - that should give an impression of speed.

Actually, the raw nature of the soundtrack was inspired more by classic in-car footage of saloon car racing by the likes of Gerry Marshall and Noel Edmonds, plus a recently acquired copy of "C'etait un Rendezvous" (Rene Lalouch's maniac drive through Paris in 1976).

Lauren

1 - 11 of 11 Posts