Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a change me thinks.. i'm currently trying to sell my 156 (up in classifieds and on ebay) and i've gone for a complete change of marque.
Gone and got me a Toyota Supra 3.0 SZ-R N/A.

Seems all a bit strange considering i was banging on about opting for a diesel a few months back. Turns out it is actually cheaper for me to run a petrol, considering the lesser maintenance costs, and considering i've now got a Toyota, and a fairly iconic one at that.

Maybe sometime in the future i will be back for more of the Alfa "drug", but for now the love affair is on the shelf. I'll probably regret it sometime in the near future.

Still hope to attend some of the NW meets - that is if i'd be welcomed with such a machine :lol:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not go for a 3L TT rather then NA? I hear the NA is quite lacking TBH
mainly because of insurance purposes. i'm only 23 and it would literally cost me an arm and a leg for insurance on a TT, especially considering most are imports which seems to ramp up insurance too.
Plus, i'm likely to be doing a Single turbo conversion on the N/A. Can gain more out of single rather than twin.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Had a 200sx that I had to sell when we had kids, gutted when it went. I test drove a 300zx at the time and still want one of those.

·
Registered
78 Posts
23 i would hate to think what youre insurance is , when i was 23 i could affoard the insurace i bought 1983 cavalier sri loved it. do like supras and nissan 200 aswell cant see the wife letting me get one enjoy youre new wheels.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't consider my insurance all that bad, considering what sort of car it is. It's only an extra £100 on top of my alfa insurance, which makes it approx. £800/year with only 4 years NCB.

I really do like it. I've been out in it every day since i got it and love every second. It sounds like an old supercar when the taps are opened up. And, the bit that really puts a smile on my face is the "snarl" it makes when i change gear.

In all honesty, it makes me feel the same way i did when i got my first alfa, although admittedly the alfa didn't make the best of sounds at first...

I had a quick snoop around at a few S14's and S14a's, but i couldn't justify the money on them. The only one i'd go for is the later S15, and then there's far too many upgrade/tinkering options for my mind to deal with :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts