Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
BMW use SAP as their "system" software. Things don't get "lost" in SAP. Someone's telling porkies.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Based on my knowledge of ERP systems, not car dealerships...
Possibly there could be a minimum order limit for the dealer (i.e. if they order less than X they have to pay a fortune in delivery charges, etc), or the Indian/Chinese/Ehyptian plant where the parts are made didn't get a handle on the order. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
In DK atleast, if they do not have the part in stock at the garage or any other garage in the country, they get it from a big stock somewhere i Germany, usually it will be there the day after or at latest after 48 hours, if its a special part, or they don´t have it on stock i DE, then it will have to come from Italy, and that arrives usually after 48 hours but can be up to 5 days.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Better than when Audi had those spark plug issues, and had to start hiring spaces to park em all up when waiting for spares to come through!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, i waited all summer 2010 for an aircon part for my then Megane, i found out there were several levels of urgency, if your car is 'off road' ie dumped at the dealers, it is top priority. If you are still driving it waiting, you will be continually pushed down the list as parts arrive and service the high priority vehicles, until there is excess stock at the dealer.

For a common fault, this would happen (and of course if you are relying on the French :lol:)

Lesson learned,and after 11 years of buying Renaults i have an Alfa, i will never get those 11 years back!

·
Registered
34,432 Posts
Why would this make me feel better ?I had to refuel for weeks using a credit card to lever the flap open until the parts arrived and suffered for even longer waiting for the synchro parts to arrive for the gearbox issue.I used to have Lancias including a Delta HPE which was never even sold here and the parts would arrive the next day from Turin.This was obviously costing Fiat money ,so now they wait until they can ship a few.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think the moral is you park your car across the front of the dealers showroom doors, with sign in window waiting for parts, and take keys home with you.

Sure the part will be available sooner than later, probably from a stock car in the showroom!

·
Registered
169 Posts
SAP doesn’t make mistakes, yea right:lol:

It’ll be configured along the lines of:
Component ordered to arrive in 48hrs. Part doesn’t arrive so therefore the system decides for itself that you didn’t need the part and deletes the reservation. As you haven’t actually used any door handles the system then decides that the reorder point is too high and never reorders any. As you have no door handles you’ve not actually booked any out have you? So you don’t need any..............

SAP accountants love it, nuff said:D.

Russ

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I don't work for SAP, but I have had some training on their software - I spend most of my life working with one of their competitors offerings.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't work for SAP, but I have had some training on their software - I spend most of my life working with one of their competitors offerings.
Sorry if I came across as having a go. I was trying to be ironic or something. SAP (as you no doubt know) is the industry leader but the way it’s configured and then implemented can cause a huge amount of damage. That’s down to people, managers in particular.

Russ

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
SAP as a software rocks. SAP as a holding company blows. They are destroying sybase IQ by forcing HANA.. they screwed up business objects aswell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts