Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clare's GT is on 56k at 4 years & 3 months old.

It's having a new clutch, belts, tensioners, water pump, plugs etc done at Autolusso starting on Friday. Basically, the full works:eek:

Also thinking about getting the front brake callipers re-furbed (powder coated) too.

Need to investigate a clicking noise that happens on deceleration & (sometimes) on gentle acceleration. Noise goes when you push the clutch in so hopefully it's clutch and not driveshaft related.

The car is Clare's daily driver / business tool and it does a European tour every summer (Milan Centenary this year) so need to be right.

Ned & his lads look after her car and Q2's it two years ago.

Will probably get them to fit the new battery that's been sat in our garage too:)

Will keep you posted:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nice one shud be like new after to drive :). I had the same list of work done plus Q2 by Autolusso last year. Great service by Ned and his team :thumbs:.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is still at Ned's as I chose to have the front callipers powder coated and they aren't back yet:cry:

It's also having 4 Toyo Proxes fitted.

Being a one car family for a week is tough:eek:

Attached are some pics of the open heart surgery:wow:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Nice hope you get it back good as new :)

were you sat there over his shoulder taking pics :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek: i didnt know they took the whole engine out to work on it..
It's having a clutch at the same time so makes it a whole lot easier:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Other than routine servicing, some tyres, a Q2 upgrade and some PF pads, this is the first major expense:D

G

·
0 Posts
I thaught that the 500 quid for a new clutch was expensive, but i didnt know that much work went into it :eek:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
That looks major! I'd like to do the clutch and belts on my GTV and thought taking the engine out was probably the easiest way of doing it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sounds exciting SR! I am up in sticks as to whether to keep\ sell my GT at present. I have had so much work done to it since picking it up a year ago though. It has had complete new front suspension, all wishbones, links, bushes, ARB, plus FSDS\ Eibach\ Q2, plus whole new exhaust\ cats, radiator, alternator, battery :wow: luckily not all paid by myself.

I would probably need the "big service" plus new clutch as well later this yr... 26k miles done over 4 yrs 4mths. That's at least £1k alone :eek: plus no warranty cover this year.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why does it need a new clutch at 56k?
Because it has 240bhp, plenty or torque and has lasted for 16k more than is usual. It's not slipping at all but has gotten very heavy. If it goes it can cost you a new 'box so it's preventative, given the car is a keeper:)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
When you get it back double check under the bonnet to make sure Ned hasn't dropped in a 1.2 8v Punto engine by mistake :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you get it back double check under the bonnet to make sure Ned hasn't dropped in a 1.2 8v Punto engine by mistake :D
Or one of those dodgy Ausie lumps:lol:

·
Registered
886 Posts
After a couple of hours this morning crawling around under my GT with my brother in law sorting various bits I have to say that those photos kind of put our efforts to shame..

However i'd just like to point out that it does look like he is playing a v6 harpsichord.. :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the GT back today:D:D

Usual great service from Ned & his lads:thumbs:

Car seems brill but there's a bit more of a rasp / rattle from the exhaust than there was before.

Could be heat shields:confused: No biggy so will keep an eye on it.

Other than that, the genuine Alfa battery I bought from Mango's in September doesn't fit:(

It's too tall so the check strap won't go over it and the air intake pipe hits it and bulges upwards:mad:

Will need to whizz them a PM.....

·
Registered
886 Posts
Other than that, the genuine Alfa battery I bought from Mango's in September doesn't fit:(

It's too tall so the check strap won't go over it and the air intake pipe hits it and bulges upwards:mad:

Will need to whizz them a PM.....

I bought the Genuine Alfa GT replacement bulb set, and so far, of the three bulbs which have failed, none have been correct :mad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts