Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So 2 weeks ago the old girl let me down badly. Was taking supplies to my parents and the clutch pedal hit the floor and stayed there!

Long story short its now had a new clutch, slave cylinder, inner driveshaft boot, near side lower arm and an offside upper arm.

As the subframe has to come out i also got my spare subframe blasted and powdercoated and swapped that over too.

All working fine now however when I first test drove it I had no turbo boost. There was no EML light and otherwise the car drove fine (just slow!!)

Turned out to be the front plug on the engine ecu next to the battery not connected correctly.

One to watch for.....

Pictures below.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The clutch and slave cylinder came from shop 4 parts. Genuine clutch made by Valeo and Valeo slave cylinder cost £246.

The subframe cost £120 for the blasting and powdercoating.

The upper arm was 38 and the lower 85 from ebay.

Gear oil was £30 for 3 litres from ebay.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hats off to do that job on a heavy lump like the 159 is!

I did it many times on my garagefloor, from old Giulia's, Panda's and smaller city cars, but wouldn't dare to take it on with a 159 I'm afraid.

Didn't you consider to replace the dual-mass flywheel whilst you were at it?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it wasn't a great job to do to be fair. Getting the box back in alone was interesting. Ended up lying with it on top of me and essentially bench pressing it back in. Had to do it twice as the first time it didn't want to go back in properly.

As for the dual mass flywheel it seemed ok before and after and I just couldn't afford or justify replacing it at the moment.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 159 isnt that big or heavy. Im used to working on S Class Mercedes and the like. Lifting a 6.3 or 6.9 litre V8 out is fun!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts