Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Happy 2016 to everyone.

My car will be 3 years old soon, can't believe it's been that long already.

The warranty and maintenance plan will be up, so I'm looking for recommendations with regards to extending the plan. I haven't decided whether to get a service plan or maintenance plan, but i am leaning towards a maintenance plan.
Should i get it through Alfa or go to another company? What's the most cost-effective option?

Thanks for the advice as always.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
It will always be more cost effective to get it through another company, but it will always cover more if you get it through Alfa.

Saying that, the finance guys usually get a preferential rate and can pass those savings on to you if you negotiate with them (they love to negotiate though) so go to one of the finance guys at a dealership and ask about the cost difference between a maintenance plan extension and service plan extension.

If your car is still being financed, contact your financier (Wesbank/whatever) and ask them for packages that they offer. Shop around and see who offers the best at which rate.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I called Alfa dealership for the MiTo's warranty and the cover didn't suit me. However, I think unlimited cover is less than 5 years and less than 100 000k's so if that's your car, that would be best I'm sure? About 9k if I'm not mistaken. I made it in the less than 100kk's but not on age unfortunately. I feel these things should be either/or not and. The bracket I fell into wasn't good in my opinion. Cover of 10k on a 16k job for example.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts