Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM PREPARING MY WINTER MAINTENANCE PROGRAM FOR THE SPIDER. 1998 1.8.. (ARE 2.0 PARTS INTERCHANGEABLE?)
A TOTAL BELT CHANGE IS ON THE LIST.
MY BIG QUESTION IS WITH SO MANY PARTS COMPANIES OUT THERE
AFTER ALL THE FLUFFY ADS AND HYPE WHAT WORKS AND DOESNT?
I AM LOOKING FOR RELIABILITY, IS IT ALWAYS SAFE TO USE GENUINE ALFA PARTS OR IS BOSCH WIPERS OR PLATINUM SPARK PLUGS OR BRAND NAME IGNITION LEADS FOR INSTANCE BETTER?
I SEE SOME SPECIAL TOOLS ie: CAM LOCKING TOOL OR FRANKLIN TIMING TOOL KIT ARE THESE A MUST HAVE PURCHASE OR A COMMON
MECHANICS ARSENAL. I HAVE ALOT OF GOOD INFORMATION TO SORT THRU. IN MY YOUNGER DAYS I FELL FOR EVERY PIECE OF CRAP I WAS TOLD TO BUY BECAUSE IT WAS COOL etc. REMEMBER TUNE UP IN A CAN? ANY WAY I AM JUST WANTING RELIABILITY NOW AT THIS STAGE OF MY LIFE I WANT TO JUST DRIVE WITH NO WORRIES
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ADVICE-PAUL
USA 1998 SPIDER 1.8

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Confused that you have a "USA" 1998 Spider.
I didn't think Alfa sold anything in the USA since 1995 and that was the 164.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you KNOW how it is when you rebuild the carburetor? there are parts left over? same with computers extra parts get tossed!
AS FAR AS THE caps lock key apologies i work with old folks and tend to leave it on,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well... thats the reason for the novela. the parts i need are not here
however there is another explanation over in the photo forum
the spider has not been driven much since its been here and i feel its necessary for a good going over this winter thanks!!-paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts