1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rang my local main stealer for a price on a new gear knob as mines worn

£130 + Vat

WTF !! its a gear knob

anyone got better ideas i dont really want to put a chavvy one on there !

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
How can they justify the best part of £150 for a knob. No moving parts.... no electronics... just a knob.

I think the same about sofa's. One advertised on the telly was 5 Grand. FFS.... for 5 Grand you can buy a car with a combustion engine, suspension, airbags...... and it comes with 4 seats.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
bloomin right what the hell. No wonder no one buys stuff from Alfa. Does your knob lift up? Ahem!!!

G

·
They quoted me a horrendous price too - the guy on the phone was embarrased about it :lol:

I got a brand new 'carbon' momo one off the bay for £15 :thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no its just a streight forward gear knob ! i couldnt believe it eithier i do get 15% trade discount off that but still its mad

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Aye! Some parts are way too dear...

A new knob for Tarquini was a fairly reasonable (by comparison £60) compared to Momo etc. who seem to sell their top of the range knobs for about half that..

In the end I got a new one off the fleabay for £7.50 :)

Ralf S.

G

·
There is a load of 'tat' on the 'bay, but I've had loads of good stuff too - BMC CDA, Bosch MAF, Cambelt kit, 2 strutbraces, Momo gearknob etc :D

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I tried to take mine off before it went to the scrap yard but I couldn't get it off. It must be strong glue they use!

G

·
Is that £130 for the leather one?I was quoted €95 +vat for one and I thought I was being ripped off!Looked at loads on ebay but they all had the 3 allen screws to secure it and after being burnt with one of those before,I wasn't going down that road again!Are the momo ones on ebay a different fitting or what?

G

·
is that one of the KITT ones where u press a button after uve had a few drinks and it drives the car home for u?for that price it would want to be!!!!:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts