Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Desira of New Southgate,I did'nt purchase my 166 from them,but previous owner did,they bent over backwards to help me with my recent ICS problem.Top Blokes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ok, I think I'll chip in here too....

I bought my recent bundle of fun from Chris Variava. The guys there were ace during the sales process (of course) but slackened off when 6 hours later it broke down. It was a case of 'just take it to your local (London) dealer and it'll be fixed.' Ok, so I'm in London and they are in Notts. You'd be right in asking what I expected of them, considering the proximity. I just expected more than a dismissive attitude especially after 6 hours! (Anyway, it turned out to be just the battery.)

Their attitude absolutely stank (but then, to be fair, so did mine). They even threatened me with court action for 'loss of profit' when I told them I'd be rejecting the vehicle (checked with Trading Standards and was completely within my rights).

Anway, in a nutshell: Chris Variava. Good or bad? They know their stuff, I'll give them that. Would I buy another car from them? As strange as this may sound, given the experience I had, I probably would. After all, the other Alfa dealers I've had experience of have been complete idiots, so maybe it's a case of 'best (or at least good) of a bad bunch.'

·
Registered
58 Posts
My experience of Chris Variava's has been good. Only had work done on my 147 so no experience of sales - but Darren is a good bloke. Explains stuff well keeps you upto date and so far has been accomdating. Taking my car in to get the wheels aligned tomorrow and having a courtesy car for the day - hopefully their 2.4 159 (fingers crossed) So far so good :)

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
My experience of Chris Variava's has been good. Only had work done on my 147 so no experience of sales - but Darren is a good bloke. Explains stuff well keeps you upto date and so far has been accomdating. Taking my car in to get the wheels aligned tomorrow and having a courtesy car for the day - hopefully their 2.4 159 (fingers crossed) So far so good
Again agree jw, Chris Variava recently replaced my radiator under warranty, both Darren and Rob the Alfa Technician very helpful throughout the whole nightmare:cool:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Dont forget were in peterborough :)

good service!
10% off all parts :)
Used and new alfas & mito :p (and mazdas :lol: )
:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently purchased a 159ti from a franchised dealer, but I can't give details as litigation is likely. A week later the media player/B&M went mental and I called into Dews (in Dewsbury, not the supplying dealer) without an appointment, to see if they could fix it. Their technicians were extremely helpful and sorted the problem in 2 mins. Will definitely be going back for my first service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interested to hear about Palmers. I rang them for a menu price for a 12,000 mile service on a 147 1.6 and was told that they would need my cars chassis number as 'all Alfa-Romeo's' are different'. I rang Amersham and got a price straight away!.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Interested to hear about Palmers. I rang them for a menu price for a 12,000 mile service on a 147 1.6 and was told that they would need my cars chassis number as 'all Alfa-Romeo's' are different'. I rang Amersham and got a price straight away!.
This is just like the service interval saga. One dealer will say 12 months for a Brera first service, another 18000 miles, the next 24 months - it is absolute confusion. Don't Alfa UK employ service reps for dealerships to clarify these issues or are they as confused as the dealers! I think the poor service from some dealers is as much down to Alfa UK as themselves.

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Every dealer I have used for sales and service have been really good:
Hylton of Telford
All Electric Kidderminster
Central, Dudley
Guests of Knowle
Chris Variava Nottingham.
Only trouble is the first three don't exist anymore.

I did have a bit of hassle from Guests Birmingham but since then they seem to have upped their game. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I always had excellent service /sales / support from Eric Ashmole at Swansea over many, many Years. So it was a shame to see them abandon the Alfa Romeo side of their Dealership a Year or so ago. Luckily they are still authorised to service / repair my Car though......

·
Registered
243 Posts
I recently had some work carried out at Meridian Milano in Porstmouth. So far an excellent level of service and Alan was very helpfull, I've still got to go back for a few bits that are on order and to try and get the bearing/transmission noise sorted but on the whole this has been a more positive experience than with their other dealership.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I always had excellent service /sales / support from Eric Ashmole at Swansea over many, many Years. So it was a shame to see them abandon the Alfa Romeo side of their Dealership a Year or so ago. Luckily they are still authorised to service / repair my Car though......
I think you'll find Alfa abandoned them;)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Again agree jw, Chris Variava recently replaced my radiator under warranty, both Darren and Rob the Alfa Technician very helpful throughout the whole nightmare:cool:
Ill go along with that. Recently bought a 159TI from Variava and the numerous faults soured my initial ownership experience of the car. (Not to mention the 2.2 hesitation issue) However the service dept have been great and although they dont always get it right first time they are at least trying. In short then they are flawed but likeable and have moved the game on from the old Alfa dealer in Notts who was guaranteed to neither fix the problem or give a sh*t about it afterwards. Just a shame that the official delaers still arent a patch on the idenpendants or on my experience with any other brand, let alone quality marques like BMW, Audi etc

·
Regional Support South, Is there a meet near you?
2,884 Posts
Another vote for Allams of Epsom, Adrian (hewson) is very good and enthusiastic. Very good service department kept ringing me to keep me updated of what was going on , fixed a couple of things i'd forgotten to mention and got a nice 159 as a courtesy car :thumbs: 5 out of 5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Excellent service from Alexanders in Thornaby.
Response to a clutch problem was quick and thorough, they even let me have a Spyder as a courtesy car.

The young lad Martin on Alfa Service is polite entusiastic and a pleasure to deal with. All Alfa dealers should be like this!

·
Registered
105 Posts
My experiences with Lombarda in Ladbroke Grove continue to astound me. Just had my third set of tyres in 22000 miles (I know, I shouldn't do "hard cornering", but I love it!), and they came in at well below Kwik Fit prices for all four Pirelli P Zero's!

The first ever main dealer I've found who come in cheaper than tyre people. Also, I love the little stuff, like how they give you the leftover oil for topping up post-service. Nobody does that in this day and age do they? They just stick it in the next car, and charge for a full litre!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My recent experiences with the Alfa dealer "Motorvogue" in Northampton have been very good. Obviously as I was buying last October, I was made very welcome yet the after sales contact has continued in a very polite & productive manner. The top/head Alfa salesman there, Sam, is really keen on full customer satisfaction. Apparently he was head hunted by ARUK from a BMW dealership in Milton Keynes to lead the sales & servicing teams. His ambition is to have Motorvogue as the top Alfa dealership in the UK as regards customer satisfaction.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found SGT, Maidenhead to be pretty good for servicing etc. over the last 4 years. My 03 plate 2.0JTS 156 (purchased used from Bishops Guildford in 2004 -Tork is a nice guy) developed a problem with the EMS warning light shortly after I got it, apparently due to problem with connector in wiring loom of first few JTS cars produced for UK. After a couple of goes trying to fix they replaced the wiring loom in the engine bay under warranty. Took a while but no problems since then. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I received a thorough scolding from SGT :tut: when I took my Brera 2.2 JTS in for the hesitation issue - apparently 'some' owners are just after a performance upgrade free of charge from AR. I tried to explain that the car was more than fast enough for me , I just wanted to be able to pull out of a junction in a smooth, predictible and reliable manner but the service manager felt obliged to raise his voice and speak over me - situation discussed with the owner and AR Customer Services.

Fortunately Perry's of Amersham are the same distance. They took the car in for a couple of warranty issues ( turned out to need a new driver's seat belt + new clutch master cylinder = £1000 !! ) delivered back to my house in pristine condition.

Perry's :thumbs:

61 - 80 of 320 Posts