Alfa Romeo Forum banner

241 - 260 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday morning, I picked up my Giulietta 140 JTDM Lusso from Wessex Garages, Bristol who have not had the franchise for long. Simon was very helpful and pleasant to deal with throughout the experience. I was lucky enough to get a substantially discounted pre-reg with 10 miles on the clock, one of a 'cancelled fleet order'. Still one or two left, I think. Not specced up -apart from Alfa Red metallic - but there's enough tech in the Lusso trim to keep me happy. Seeing it across a crowded car park after shopping at Cribbs Causeway I fell in love again.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have good news! There is rumour that Research Garage in Nuneaton (an excellent Fiat dealership) is adding Alfa Romeo (and Chrysler-ehem *Lancia*) to its stable.
That's good. Research have one of the few Abarth franchises so they must be doing something right :thumbs:

I wonder if Alfa & Chrysler will be in the vicinity of the existing Fiat/Abarth dealer or elsewhere.

Still wish we could have the full shebang in Oxford (Alfa/Abarth/Fiat/Chrysler). At present we've no Alfa or Abarth and a half-baked effort for Fiat. Dunno much about the Chrysler dealer but their selection of Delta's & Ypsilon's left much to be desired when i went to have a look (ie one Delta & one Ypsilon) :tut:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Top work by Guests of Knowle, Solihull today as the fixed the dreaded hatch creak on our GT.

Two previous attempts by a main dealer & Indy have failed so ultra chuffed:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
hmmm mixed experiences of Lipscomb. Sales team were good as you'd expect them to be of course, always kept in touch and are still checking up on me now. Someone forgot to do the second service for the car though which meant I had to pop back a month later after buying it. Apparently it was the workshop staff as they did the MOT and didn't read the rest of the note. Not sure what to believe but they've been nice everytime I've gone in there plus they seem to have a loyal customer base as everytime I go in there there's someone buying their fourth alfa from them or something. When it was serviced it was a relatively smooth process, they dropped me into town to go watch batman and then picked me up after when it was done. The alfa saleswoman there is rather nice too.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Bauer Millett Manchester. Enough said!

Having had quite a few new Alfas over the last 11 years I would like to recommend BM.

The showroom is a great visit and the boys are passionate about their cars which is infectious.

On my first visit Luke was more than happy to sit and chat about cars and Alfas whilst I waited for Dave Brown.

After placing the order with Dave, communication was excellent. It seems unimportant but knowing your car has been built, on a boat, or has arrived is exciting and makes all the difference.

The handover exceeded all expectations too and having collected from other local dealers, I was most impressed with the attention to detail.

I can wholeheartedly recommend them for the whole experience.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Picked up my car on saturday from Bishops Alfa Romeo in Guildford,very good service,I dealt with Rikky, very friendly and professional :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Gerry
Changed my mind about Bishops, there were so nice when i got the car, it took me 3 months to get my invoice for paying for the car, the excuse was that they changed the computer system,but when i went to complain the invoice was produced in 5 minutes, also they are not bothered if I don't take my car there for servicing,didn't even ask me, so I'll take it to Monza Sport instead
Gerry

·
Registered
793 Posts
I like the look of Monza Sport – good reputation by the sounds, better than all the main dealers surrounding them in Hampshire and Surrey. Bit of a trek for me, but willing to go the extra mile to have someone look after my car who can be trusted. I've been waiting for Bishops in Guildford to call me back since this morning...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Still no word from Bishops so called Monza. Service manager busy but promised a call back... Low and behold he did (take note Bishops) so already happy with this outfit. Car booked in for a little bit of warranty work. Will definitely use them come service time - thanks for the tip Iaria

·
Registered
153 Posts
Still no word from Bishops so called Monza. Service manager busy but promised a call back... Low and behold he did (take note Bishops) so already happy with this outfit. Car booked in for a little bit of warranty work. Will definitely use them come service time - thanks for the tip Iaria
You are welcome, glad i could help, will be taking mine there in January for a small service :thumbs::thumbs:
Gerry

·
Registered
105 Posts
Allams

Have to agree on Allams .Sales pleasant enough but service took too many visits for warranty issues on each issue.Their posting for Christmas wishes needs update.
So true. My 159 went in two weeks ago with an engine check light coming on.

They were awful. The warranty agreed £1,400 work replacing all the timing gear, even though the car was driving fine.

They promised me I'd have the car back by Friday night, as I was going on holiday on Saturday.

They called on Friday, to say one of the parts they ordered had not arrived. A quick call to Alfa UK confirmed there was a part available in Battersea.

Then the nonsense started. It took them 6 hours to get a small part from battersea to Epsom. They sent a driver in the end! Now, if I want to send something a few miles away, I call a motorbike, and it's there in 20-30 mins.

I went on holiday, without my car. It'll cost them £240 in taxi fares.

They delivered the car back 2 weeks later. It's cleaner, but the same light is on, so I took it back. They're baffled.

Now I'm driving the service manager's Skoda, and they can keep my 159 until they sort it out.

People, please......I NEED A GOOD GARAGE.....HELP!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Any main dealer's in the West London, Middlesex, Surrey, Berkshire or Bucks areas that people can recommend? I bought my Spider from up North so need a local dealership for future servicing, repairs and maintenance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
As i've said previously if your out of warranty i'd highly recommend Bianco Auto Developments, they're on the
A217 south of Reigate or if you can get there Monza Sport were very good the one time i used them and most others seem to say good things about them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bauer Millett Service

Another effortless and excellent experience at BM's in Manchester.

I've had the GT serviced there twice previously, and yesterday I took the Giuly for its first service and an oil change (the oil quality monitoring light had just come on). Also asked them to look at a few niggly warranty issues too, but (typically) two of these decided not to make an apperance when they did a test drive, but I'll take it back at some point. Great price, and the car came back cleaned inside and out. :)

Really can't recommend BMs highly enough. Very passionate about motors in general, and would talk about them with you all day if you let them. Was even treated to a quick view of a gorgeous 1958 Corvette they were looking after in the workshop. Verrrry tasty indeed.

Cheers guys. :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Not all Alfa Main Dealers are [email protected] In fact some are very good. So why not let's name them here and could a mod please make this thread a sticky to add some balance next to the Indy recommendations..
There is a sticky thread:lol:

241 - 260 of 320 Posts