Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not all Alfa Main Dealers are [email protected] In fact some are very good. So why not let's name them here and could a mod please make this thread a sticky to add some balance next to the Indy recommendations :)

To kick things off, I'd like to whole heartedly recommend Marshalls in Hitchin. Very good service each time I've been there :D

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Meridian Milano in Portsmouth were good when i bought my 07 plate spider from them.

Dutton Forshaw in Cardiff were fantastic when I was buying my LE - Kelvin & Dave (Sales) cant do enough to help, will talk to you for ages even after you have collected your car - highly recommended.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I've taken the liberty to stick this thread - Thanks Gibbo:thumbs:

Chris Variava in Nottingham and Platt's of Stoke seem to have their act together (opinion from a visit, not as a customer). I also understand Guests are good now but I'd have to see it to believe it:rolleyes:

As I've said elsewhere, Alfa Spa / ARUK are the week link from my recent and historic experiences:tut:

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
David Whitton at Alfa Piccaddilly Knaresborough

·
Registered
833 Posts
Budgens at Shrewsbury. Always very efficient and helpful. Experienced good service from parts, service and sales departments.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Meridian Milano in Portsmouth were good when i bought my 07 plate spider from them.
Trouble is all of this is so relative. I'd rather slam my hand in a car door than go back there, but my experiance is personal to me I guess. :mad:

However, Lombarda have been fantastic. :thumbs:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I will put another vote in for Marshalls of Hitchin's service department, they have been great with me. Their sales left me cold but I will give them the benefit of the doubt as they had just taken over the site, they had one new salesman on who was busy with another customer and I was late for my appointed time. Let's see how they do with my next purchase.

I would nominate Chris Variava as a weak link from my personal experience with them (see the PDI thread if your really that bothered), but I suspect it's all subjective and they would give great service to the next guy. Interesting idea though, did they know who you were in terms of this site SR when you got the 159?

I would think that to get a true thumbs up a dealer needs 10 positive and a thumbs down at 30, given the natural complaint to praise ratio :lol:

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Trouble is all of this is so relative. I'd rather slam my hand in a car door than go back there, but my experiance is personal to me I guess. :mad:

However, Lombarda have been fantastic. :thumbs:
I think every dealer will get a slamming off someone where by others will find them pretty good - as you say its all down to who you deal with and what you are trying to acheive

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Bought mine from EMG Cambridge, were enthusiastic, helpful, did everything they said they would and more. :)

Before that went to Desira Bury St Edmunds for test drive, said I definately wanted one, work out best price and let me know - never heard another thing from them :tut:

No experience for servicing yet - would be interested in other's experiences in East Anglia.

O

·
0 Posts
Highly recommend Platts in Stoke. As a customer of 9 years and 4 new Alfas, I find it difficult to fault sales, service desk and mechanics.

Five thumbs out of five! Well done chaps, and thanks!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Chris Variava in Nottingham and Platt's of Stoke seem to have their act together (opinion from a visit, not as a customer)
I can verify the excellent service I received from Darren at Chris Variava in Nottingham. Worth the journey to get my 156 serviced, and had the use of a nice 147 as a courtesy car.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Mangoletsi Service. Paul and Mark have done a great job for me over the past 15 months despite my major issues with both 159s.:)

They're not the cheapest, or the closest to me, but by far the best service I've had. I would choose them over either of the more local AR service dealers.

The technicians are open, helpful and bloody nice guys too. :thumbs:

Not too sure about the sales side. Very mixed.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I can verify the excellent service I received from Darren at Chris Variava in Nottingham. Worth the journey to get my 156 serviced, and had the use of a nice 147 as a courtesy car.
Darren is a good bloke. I've been a customer of Variava (bought my Ti from Tim Hulbert there) but visited Platt's on an AROC evening and they seemed great:cool:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I second Northgate in Canterbury. The service is excellent, Adrian Pile the after sales manager, is friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I also like the way you receive in the post a few days after a visit, a letter asking you if you found the service 10/10, and if not to let them know what they can do to "rectify any shortfall". Not used the sales guys but they are always happy to chat about the showroom Alfas. An excellent dealer.

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
Bought my first ever alfa from Beechdale Derby last week. Very relaxed sales appraoch from Gary. Top Bloke. :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought my first ever alfa from Beechdale Derby last week. Very relaxed sales appraoch from Gary. Top Bloke. :thumbs: :thumbs:
i also got my 159 from beechdale derby in november dealt with Pete whos a nice guy and seems v genuine. had an issue with the alarm but they persevered and sorted it. would definitely recommend, hopefully the service will be good

·
0 Posts
I have had truly excellent service from Palmers in St. Albans.:thumbs:

I have also had mixed service from Piccadilly in Knaresborough - poor initially:cry: although the last visit was exceptional.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 320 Posts